Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

I like the youth movement for the Nets. Even if they are signing young mediocre players

Another year in the lottery ;)/>

I hear this year will be a good year to be in the lotto- so wouldn't be a bad thing.....

If you weren't brooklyn who traded away all their draft picks for mediocrity.

Also one thing to consider about the whole Biyombo/Ibaka/Vuch situation is that Biyombo is VERY foul prone. We'd need a strong back-up center with a serviceable 3rd to cover for those nights he gets 2 fouls in the first 3 minutes. Having Vuch around on that contract would be great. There are minutes for him in a no foul trouble night, and tons of minutes for him on a foul trouble night.

Now if we get trade offers for him that result in a great PG or SF than we can look at it, but I don't think we trade him for the sake of trading him (like someone said, he's making the equivalent of like 8 per these past years.)

Vuch isn't a problem, he's actually a very valuable piece to our rotation, the only thing that could become a problem is if his ego gets in the way if he's asked to come off the bench.

lol very good point Odin.

They have to trade Brook for some picks or young guys while his value is decent

Has Brook ever had much value? I have always felt that the media has always given him more value than GMs do. I guess his contract looks reasonable now...

Also one thing to consider about the whole Biyombo/Ibaka/Vuch situation is that Biyombo is VERY foul prone. We'd need a strong back-up center with a serviceable 3rd to cover for those nights he gets 2 fouls in the first 3 minutes. Having Vuch around on that contract would be great. There are minutes for him in a no foul trouble night, and tons of minutes for him on a foul trouble night.

Now if we get trade offers for him that result in a great PG or SF than we can look at it, but I don't think we trade him for the sake of trading him (like someone said, he's making the equivalent of like 8 per these past years.)

Vuch isn't a problem, he's actually a very valuable piece to our rotation, the only thing that could become a problem is if his ego gets in the way if he's asked to come off the bench.

He thrived off the bench towards the end of the season if I remember correctly. Hopefully he won't have a problem with it (assuming he's in our future plans and we plan to move him to the bench). I could easily see him winning 6th man in that scenario.

Hes a better Vuc/Kanter but for more money and older.

He is better offensively, maybe, but a worse rebounder.