Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

23 mil a year for Barnes? Yea I'll keep Fournier.

Warriors should let him go, I'm sure they won't have trouble convincing someone to come player there for much less.

We only have 3 bigs. We really aren't to heavy on bigs. Not to mention, Ibaka eaisly could be gone next year. Being able to have a legit 3 big rotation like this could really wear on teams as the game goes one. Plus, we don't have to worry about our guys (vuch) burning out at the end of the year like always.

I for sure agree to best utilize some of our talent, a PG that isn't an abomination from deep would be nice. But let's let it play out. I don't feel that Biyombo is an overpay at all.

I predict Biyombo to quickly become a fan favorite. He will energize this city just like he did Toronto. Fans will eat it up at Amway and other players feed off that.

We have 3 guys who can only play big, and every one will want over 30 min per. We also have Gordon, who has mostly been a 4 up 'til now, and Green, who usually sees plenty of minutes at the 4 as well. We have 5 guys who are going to want decent minutes from the 4/5. If we ever want to run small-ball, we're going to have one of Vuc/Ibaka/Biyombo frustrated about minutes.

Also, if we're counting on Ibaka being a rental, trading oladipo and a pick for that was terrible. We should be wanting very much to get him back.

I know we cant take this kind of risk in a must-make-playoffs season, but how fun would this lineup be?

Hezonja

Fournier

Gordon

Ibaka

Biyombo

You DO realize I'm gonna call you Rob all season in the fantasy league, right?

I know we cant take this kind of risk in a must-make-playoffs season, but how fun would this lineup be?

Hezonja

Fournier

Gordon

Ibaka

Biyombo

As fun as it can be to watch two teams not be able to score. That's a scary defensive unit, but no one's getting points from that lineup.

We have 3 guys who can only play big, and every one will want over 30 min per. We also have Gordon, who has mostly been a 4 up 'til now, and Green, who usually sees plenty of minutes at the 4 as well. We have 5 guys who are going to want decent minutes from the 4/5. If we ever want to run small-ball, we're going to have one of Vuc/Ibaka/Biyombo frustrated about minutes.

Also, if we're counting on Ibaka being a rental, trading oladipo and a pick for that was terrible. We should be wanting very much to get him back.

You don't know this. Known of us know this. I have to think they hashed out what role Biz is going to play for us before he signed on the dotted line.

All together, your digging to deep into it. This is not a problem. Having 3 bigs to rotate is not a bad thing. Let it play out.

You don't know this. Known of us know this. I have to think they hashed out what role Biz is going to play for us before he signed on the dotted line.

All together, your digging to deep into it. This is not a problem. Having 3 bigs to rotate is not a bad thing. Let it play out.

But if Biz is only playing 20-25 per night, how is he worth $18 million? I don't actually think Biz is necessarily overpaid, only possibly overpaid looking at the available minutes. To me, even with Vuc's defensive problems, Biyombo is our third best big. To put it this way: if Ibaka comes back next year, which we should absolutely want to happen at this point, we will be $60 mil deep into 3 bigs. That's a lot to spend, even with a cap at $110 mil, for your 4/5 rotation. Leaves only $50 million for your entire 1/2/3 rotation, plus at least one emergency big. It can be done, I know. But it is a concern, if not yet a problem.

Lol, I'm not at the ledge or anything, just confused. I'm expecting trades are still forthcoming, honestly. And if there is any truth to the idea that Orlando is trying to run a lineup with a Vuc/Biyombo/Ibaka front line, someone in this organization is hilariously stupid.

No it's a

Vuch/Biyombo

Ibaka

frontline.