Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

You could say this about any player on our roster. Fournier will get close to 20 mil, and i'd sign him to that. He's just 23 and, IMO is big part of this team moving forward. He's already a top 10 player at his position. He has a higher win share then Oladipo. Shoots 40% from deep.

Fournier (listed as SG)

11th ppg, 5th 3pt %, 9th steals per game, 12th assists per game, 15th blocks per game, 13th assist to turnover, 12th free throw %, 4th field goal %

For whatever reason, Fournier never gets the same love from fans on here. Guess it's because we didn't draft him. He's worth what he's going to get. Look at his numbers, he's consistently improved them. No reason to think that can't continue. A lot of players are going to get a lot of money.

The SG/SF debate with Fournier has legs, but honestly I think it's over stated on here. Fournier is versatile, and you can never have to many versatile players. Whether he starts, or plays 30-33 minutes as a "6th" man--he's still very valuable to this team.

To me, if you let Fournier walk this summer you better DAMN well bring in an offensive minded player in to fill the void he left. We are lacking legit scorer's, and we can't afford to just lose one. Now if we bring in Batum or maybe Parsons and let Fournier walk, then that's one thing. But this team cannot afford to just lose him and I think Rob knows that. Also, Fournier is an underrated defensive player.

As for Mario, I don't see why people don't think Mario & Fournier can play together. (Because they're both european and can shoot?) You can never have to many young players that can score & shoot. I have a feeling if we keep those 2 guys together they could be a lot of fun to watch the next few years while scoring a lot of points. I don't care which one starts or which one is the first off the bench, both can play together too.

I'll address the bold at the bottom.

Why would he peak at where he is at now when he's just 23?

This brings me back to the "If your super athletic, you have all the potential in the world" BUT "If your an average athlete, your potential isn't seen as being high". It's just irresponsible evaluation of talent to me. Some of the best players in the NBA are not great athletes. You absolutely do not have to be a great athlete to have great potential.

He was 5th in 3pt% among SG's, and 4th among SF's--so put him at whichever position you want. He is the best player on the team at getting to the rim efficiently as well.

Oladipo: 0-3 ft = .574 3-10 ft = .313

Fournier: 0-3 ft = .634 3-10 ft = .405

That's fine if you don't think Fournier is worth 20 mil, I have no issues with that. I just don't understand why he's never seen as

having much potential when he's done nothing but improve every year. I think he can a big time player in this league.

As for your last statement:

"Especially when he's not done anything of note for this franchise as of yet either, except just put up okay stats on two lottery teams"

Really?

Who on this team has done anything of note in the past 2 years? He's shown as much progression as anyone. What do you want him to do? He's had as many successes and failures as AG, Dipo, Vuch, Mario all of them. That's a terrible argument. How much better is Parsons than Fournier?

To add to my above post, your theory of us being better with Fournier on the bench gets even more rediculous considering during the last 10 games of the year (a stretch where the Magic went 6-4) Fournier averaged 22 a game.

Man I went back to mid May, and I spent like 4 pages worth of posts defending Fournier on this forum LOL.

Augustin's defense can be masked by the Congo Combo and Gordon.

Let Payton penetrate more with Vuc/Green/Hezonja/Meeks

I bet Vogel is eager to work with this team. We'll be a top 2 defense.

For those who are concerned about offense. Fixed for you:

1st unit

Augustin

Fournier

Hezonja

Ibaka

Vuc

2nd unit

Payton

Meeks

Green

Gordon

Biyombo

That's a pretty scary team folks...

Hezonja not starting infront of Gordon, at least Gordon brings elite defense everynight, Hezonja doesn't bring it everynight yet... some nights he's off on shooting as well, that kid is still young, he needs to prove he can breakout of the bench first

Free agent Ian Mahinmi has agreed to a four year, $64M deal with Washington, league source tells The Vertical.

Think Biyombo at 18 per is a lot better than Mahinmi at 16 per.

If anyone wants some good reading on who on here wanted/didn't want Biyombo--go to page 32 to like 36 of the 2016 NBA playoff thread.

I wanted him bad after that Cavs series.

• Upvote 1

If Vucevic isn't moved than this is what I'm thinking the starting lineup will look like:

Payton, Fournier, Gordon, Ibaka, and Vucevic

First five off the bench will be Hezonja, Green, Augustin, Byombo, and Meeks.

that's what I am thinking too, I hope Meeks is used only situational, I hope Hezonja will get his chance to do big things, he has a clear path to get some playing time as of now... he needs to make the best of it at the backup SG and SF spots, jeff green will only be here one year, and maybe more in the future, but letting hezonja to grow into clay thompson 2.0 is important

Alright, I changed my mind on using this as a sig because it would be too obnoxious, but check this out:

Vw7cW27.png

:creaturedance:/>

Hahs dude I was just reading some old posts and me and you were all over Biyombo. But you for sure called a lot.