Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Lance Thomas is my new Solomon hill

Which basically means he's going to get 48 million in an hour

Seems like a cheaper Marvin Williams after he gets 4 and 80

How many reports about Horford are there? Yet he was talked about consistently on this forum as a target. Dwight has baggage but coming full circle might change some things. Regardless, nothing I said was false, he'd be the best defensive upgrade we could add.

Horford wants to go to okc and is waiting on them to dump kanter which can't happen until after the moratorium ends. So you won't hear about him soon

Which is a pathetic stance to hold as a GM. You do what's best for the team, not your ego. 4/80 with a team option for the fourth year would be fine by me. Vuc would get us a decent piece or provide solid depth. In terms of defense there's nobody on the market that would give us the boost Dwight would, and it's not even close.

It's not Rob's ego at play here. It's Dwight's. He wants to be the man still. Which is fine. He has that right. He wants "the man" like contract. Also his right. We want neither so no deal.

I love the Fournier deal

It's outstanding and I love what it says about Fournier and his loyalty to the team. Really classy moves by both him and Vuc taking less for the good of the team. That hardly ever happens anymore in professional sports, especially basketball. That's why we can't ruin it by signing Dwight.

....me not so much... damn that's alot of money.

Dude...

We signed him to a 4/32 deal in 2009 money

This is you being upset about finding gas at $1.90/gallon because it was $1 in 1998

....me not so much... damn that's alot of money.

Then you don't understand the new cap. Its a bargain in this climate, and it's been almost universally agreed upon.