Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

yup.

however, if we don't get somebody worth building around this offseason with the status of ibaka you all have full permission to be pissed.

Cant go into next year with payton-fournier-hezonja-gordon-ibaka-watson-meeks-salary dump-salary dump-vucevic-dedmon-shabazz-zimmerman-marble and expect to retain ibaka.

I don't think we're done dealing.

He's the most dominate big man in the game at an good age and is considered a star. AG is potential who almost won a dunk contest (should've won better way of putting it). Vuch is a center with defensive issues who hasnt been an all star and may never be.

I didn't say he wasn't talented, at a bad age, or not a star. If his maturity/mental approach was close to his physical talents it would be a no-brainer; I would make that trade in a heart-beat. Unfortunately, he seems to be 25 going on 15 sometimes with the way he acts; and you can't depend on and build around that kind of me-first player/attitude. Yes, AG is still mostly potential, and yes Vuc is a center with defensive issues; but both have approached the league and building their abilities and team with a professional attitude from their first days in the league. Is it possible he has gotten a bad rap and it is all due to Sacramento's mismanagement? We will certainly know better after he spends a summer with Coach K on the Olympic team.

BTW, the adjective is dominant; and that only holds true when he keeps his temper in check and his focus on the game.

yup.

however, if we don't get somebody worth building around this offseason with the status of ibaka you all have full permission to be pissed.

Cant go into next year with payton-fournier-hezonja-gordon-ibaka-watson-meeks-salary dump-salary dump-vucevic-dedmon-shabazz-zimmerman-marble and expect to retain ibaka.

Honestly, who is there to get that we should actually want sans Batum?

(Not talking about "big name" free agents who are going to be thrown money they aren't worth cough*barnes*cough)

Honestly, who is there to get that we should actually want sans Batum?

(Not talking about "big name" free agents who are going to be thrown money they aren't worth cough*barnes*cough)

I'd throw a one year 26 million deal at Jeff Green.

I didn't say he wasn't talented, at a bad age, or not a star. If his maturity/mental approach was close to his physical talents it would be a no-brainer; I would make that trade in a heart-beat. Unfortunately, he seems to be 25 going on 15 sometimes with the way he acts; and you can't depend on and build around that kind of me-first player/attitude. Yes, AG is still mostly potential, and yes Vuc is a center with defensive issues; but both have approached the league and building their abilities and team with a professional attitude from their first days in the league. Is it possible he has gotten a bad rap and it is all due to Sacramento's mismanagement? We will certainly know better after he spends a summer with Coach K on the Olympic team.

BTW, the adjective is dominant; and that only holds true when he keeps his temper in check and his focus on the game.

Yeah, I tend to type while doing a hundred other things so my bad.

I won't deny he has issues but I do believe a good portion comes from working for an organization that reeks of incapability and disfunctional mentality. Some of it is him needing to grow up too.

Still, he's too damn good to just ignore if a deal is there to be had.

I'd throw a one year 26 million deal at Jeff Green.

I don't know if I paid that much but I really do think Frank Vogel could make him play really well like he did with Lance Stephenson.