Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

It's because he was putting up Fournier numbers on a $800k contract. Then he became overpaid. Then the cap went up and he became appropriately paid again. Now he's going to get overpaid again.

Because the league is moronic.

Because the league is moronic.

Not really the leagues fault. There is more money then there are elite players, that's really the extent of that.

• Upvote 1

I don't know why people are sleeping on this draft so much. Usually 4-6 potential All Stars is pretty good, plus there were second round gems in this draft. This is starting to sound a lot like when people tried to say the 09 Draft was garbage, and go look at it now.

And we got one of those second round gems. Just wait. Zimmerman has as much potential as anyone taken outside of the top 5 in the draft.

And we got one of those second round gems. Just wait. Zimmerman has as much potential as anyone taken outside of the top 5 in the draft.

Gotta make the team first

Not really the leagues fault. There is more money then there are elite players, that's really the extent of that.

Yeah but it's still moronic to spend max money on two bad knees.

Lance Stephenson is a FA. I think he'd be a great addition for one of our exceptions but I'm betting he can get more than that. Still maybe he'll consider playing for Vogel again.

Gotta make the team first

Yea I'm thinking that will depend on what we do with Nicholson and Dedmon.

Also, how does that work if we keep him in the D-League next year? How long do we retain his rights? I wouldn't be mad if he stayed there all next year then came up in 2018, he would just have turned 21 at that point. He really just needs to work on his body for a year and get used to playing against bigger guys.

Speaking of retaining rights and D-League, where is Tyler Harvey? He has to be better then Napier.

Lance Stephenson is a FA. I think he'd be a great addition for one of our exceptions but I'm betting he can get more than that. Still maybe he'll consider playing for Vogel again.

We don't have any exceptions, we're under the cap.

Yea I'm thinking that will depend on what we do with Nicholson and Dedmon.

Also, how does that work if we keep him in the D-League next year? How long do we retain his rights? I wouldn't be mad if he stayed there all next year then came up in 2018, he would just have turned 21 at that point. He really just needs to work on his body for a year and get used to playing against bigger guys.

Speaking of retaining rights and D-League, where is Tyler Harvey? He has to be better then Napier.

Yup.

No, we don't retain his rights

Harvey had a pretty bad d-league season.

Yup.

No, we don't retain his rights

Harvey had a pretty bad d-league season.

I'm dumb on how this works, so can you explain it? What are the rules on how long someone can stay in the d-league before someone else can sign them? I know Marble went back and forth from there last season.

I really wish the NBA had a system like the NHL or MLB where you could draft a guy and let them develop for a couple years before you have to call them up to keep their rights.