Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Butler has an ego and I dont mind that one bit....

Bulls reporter: Jimmy Butler has 'colossal ego'

“He’s really kind of full of himself,” Smith said. “He hangs around with Mark Wahlberg, the actor, and lets us know about that a lot. He goes around to premiers or whatever. He announced before the season that he’s the leader of the team and guys are looking around going, ‘What are you talking about?’

Not sure of the source but yahoo linked me to it.

That's breaking news

Teams best player in major American city has ego.

I totally agree. I actually think it sheds some light on the Chicago dynamics more so than on Butler himself. Could easily be another reason Chicago decides to trade him. I'm almost 100% sure things would be different if the whole Rose thing wasnt a thing.

I totally agree. I actually think it sheds some light on the Chicago dynamics more so than on Butler himself. Could easily be another reason Chicago decides to trade him. I'm almost 100% sure things would be different if the whole Rose thing wasnt a thing.

Yeah, I think butler is a little intense and it it rubs some guys the wrong way

Butler has an ego and I dont mind that one bit....

Bulls reporter: Jimmy Butler has 'colossal ego'

Not sure of the source but yahoo linked me to it.

I thought Orlando was the only city blessed with reporters willing to air all the dirty laundry about their team's best player while that team is attempting to trade that player.

Vuc + Vic is too much for Butler. Think about what we got for Dwight (an injured big and Afflalo) which we spun into unproven talent (Vuc, Fournier and Harkless). Vuc and Vic are proven NBA players, with considerable upside remaining in their games. Way too much for Butler... much less Butler after the Chicago media gets finished airing laundry.

we think Vuc and Vic are too much for butler.

Chicago fans think vuc and vic are nowhere near enough for butler.

Trade season is fun.

Yes. But we thought what we got for Howard was way too little. We thought what we got for Afflalo was way too little. We thought the market for Harris would be great. My point is that those selling often overestimate the market. If Chicago can get two young, injury free, established NBA players for Butler, I'll be shocked. If we give up said players I'll be disgruntled.

Just out of curiosity, what is the Celtic equivalent of Vuc and Vic? Olynyk and the chance to draft Buddy Heild?

Yes. But we thought what we got for Howard was way too little. We thought what we got for Afflalo was way too little. We thought the market for Harris would be great. My point is that those selling often overestimate the market. If Chicago can get two young, injury free, established NBA players for Butler, I'll be shocked. If we give up said players I'll be disgruntled.

Just out of curiosity, what is the Celtic equivalent of Vuc and Vic? Olynyk and the chance to draft Buddy Heild?

avery Bradley, Jae Crowder, and a Brooklyn pick is probably the asking price for Chicago.

Boston doesn't want to include Crowder (just like they wouldn't trade him for Harris).

The difference between Dipo & Butler is not Vuch. I'm actually semi-surprised Bulls fans wouldn't like that deal, but at the same time not surprised at all because they think Butler is Lebron James.

I still don't see why the Bulls would ever trade Butler, unless there really are things going on with management that we don't know about.

Pros for Butler:

•  
  • He's been the best player on a good team that has both regular season success and some post season success.
  • He's performed well in the post season
  • He's both a quality offensive player and a fantastic defensive player
  • Signed longterm, cant opt out until summer of 2019, EXTREMELY team friendly deal of 16.4, 17.6, 18.7 the next three years in a market where those numbers will apply to a 4th or 5th option.

Cons for butler:

•  
  • Hasn't played a close to a full season since becoming a starter
  • Cost to obtain him is significant
  • Can't shoot so you need to surround him with shooters to get the best out of him

Pros for Butler:

•  
  • He's been the best player on a good team that has both regular season success and some post season success.
  • He's performed well in the post season
  • He's both a quality offensive player and a fantastic defensive player
  • Signed longterm, cant opt out until summer of 2019, EXTREMELY team friendly deal of 16.4, 17.6, 18.7 the next three years in a market where those numbers will apply to a 4th or 5th option.

Cons for butler:

•  
  • Hasn't played a close to a full season since becoming a starter
  • Cost to obtain him is significant
  • Can't shoot so you need to surround him with shooters to get the best out of him

It just comes down to the asking price for him (assuming he really is at all available). Vuch + Dipo + First is to much for him. Like I've said, the different between Dipo & Butler just isn't Vuch. For all we know Dipo alone might be better than Butler in 3 years.