Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Potential free agent pg's over the next years who match your criteria include Jeff Teague, Jrue Holiday, and Isaiah Thomas. Paying Ibaka and one of those 3 max money would probably put the team's ceiling at 2nd round playoff exit.

Maybe. But that's the direction we need to move. Our options are:

1. Payton turns out to be good, keep him.

2. Payton sucks, get a good point guard in 2017

3. If you don't sign a point guard in 2017, go after Paul George or Westbrook in 2018.

4. It doesn't matter what we did in 17 or 18 at this point, we likely don't have cap room in 2019 and we need to trade for someone using mid round picks.

It makes the most sense to grab a point guard in 2017 (if Payton isn't good) and then make a trade for cap space later if we need to go that route.

I'm very curious to see how Victors contract ends up. I definitely don't think he's max player, he's always been on higher end of $ being number 2 pick. He's the perfect type of player to hamstring the hell out of your cap. With this Westbrook extension and reports oladipo wants max, I'm real curious to see how that plays out because that's gotta be one of the main reasons rob did the trade... Interested to see oladipo get enes kanter'd and jam their cap

A max extension starts at 22 million and increases by 7.5% over the following 3 years. He's worth that as a market price but also probably not worth it yet. I'd see if he'd take 4/72 and then take my chances next season with his restricted free agency

PF with range; also appears to have good bbiq and a willing passer. Played for Vogel, and one of our new assistants, Adelman, from Minnesota. Adds more versatility to our lineups. Body for garbage minutes (our new human cigar), practice (good to practice vs a stretch 4), and floor spacing.

"Paul George said that he's had some preliminary talks with Pacers management about a potential contract extension."

welp....