Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

see, I don't mind opposing viewpoints. you can be negative based on actual substance but you seem to be negative by default without anything to back it up. and at least mix it up once in a while.

this was your only positive post since the Dwight Howard trade:

Not true, I'm just happen to be even keeled when it comes to my team and thier possibilities. To say that I have said nothing but negative things is wrong, I have been here since 2006 I have been very supportive.

To your referenced comment, yea Elfrid can pass... but the guy has no jumper and has to rely on picks and speed to get to the hole for 2pts.

So what do you think of the below... so far a ton of smart people are not buying what your saying. So I don't need to post why, they are breaking it down for me. For example:

It should be no surprise then that ESPN’s Summer Forecast series, a panel of ESPN NBA writers submitting and combining their predictions, has the Magic stagnating. They predict the Magic will finish with the same 35-47 record and finish 13th in the East

And as long as you have been here, you more than most should know that we need to wait until we see what product hits the floor. But yet, you claim we will be good and shoot down those who disagree. Which is fine, but it makes it seem that your not looking at other teams and what they have done to improve. Seems like you assume our moves were just as good as others, like don't you know Dwight is going to play us 4 times... you think Ibaka and Bis can handle him, what about the Bulls, or the Bucks, so many eastern teams have also made improvements. We can not just sit here and blindly think we are better than them when we haven't won jack in 4yrs.

Our moves this off season:

Players lost.

Oladipo

Dedmon

Smith

Jennings

Ilyasova

Napier

Players gained

Ibaka

Byombo

Meeks

Augustin

Zimmerman

Green

If u think we have not improved our roster. Then stop commenting on basketball because u haven't a clue. Period!

Our moves this off season:

Players lost.

Oladipo

Dedmon

Smith

Jennings

Ilyasova

Napier

Players gained

Ibaka

Byombo

Meeks

Augustin

Zimmerman

Green

If u think we have not improved our roster. Then stop commenting on basketball because u haven't a clue. Period!

I agree and you left out the main factor:

Skiles out/Vogel in

Not true, I'm just happen to be even keeled when it comes to my team and thier possibilities. To say that I have said nothing but negative things is wrong, I have been here since 2006 I have been very supportive.

To your referenced comment, yea Elfrid can pass... but the guy has no jumper and has to rely on picks and speed to get to the hole for 2pts.

So what do you think of the below... so far a ton of smart people are not buying what your saying. So I don't need to post why, they are breaking it down for me. For example:

It should be no surprise then that ESPN’s Summer Forecast series, a panel of ESPN NBA writers submitting and combining their predictions, has the Magic stagnating. They predict the Magic will finish with the same 35-47 record and finish 13th in the East

And as long as you have been here, you more than most should know that we need to wait until we see what product hits the floor. But yet, you claim we will be good and shoot down those who disagree. Which is fine, but it makes it seem that your not looking at other teams and what they have done to improve. Seems like you assume our moves were just as good as others, like don't you know Dwight is going to play us 4 times... you think Ibaka and Bis can handle him, what about the Bulls, or the Bucks, so many eastern teams have also made improvements. We can not just sit here and blindly think we are better than them when we haven't won jack in 4yrs.

We're a more talented team by even a conservative estimate. Augustin is significantly better than Shabazz. Biyombo is significantly better than dedmon. Ibaka better than Gordon last year. We're an older team which will help with consistency.

We got a better coach which will help with consistency

We don't have a mid season trip to England which condensed the schedule and got us a significant amount of 4 games in 5 nights or 5 games in 8 nights.

All that adds up to us being better than the team last year. Or at least closer to the 19-13 team from early last season than the 16-34 team after.

I thought we were a 38 win team last year. We were a 35 win team. I think we're a 42 win team this year.

Also, I went through every single comment you've made since 2012 and that was literally the only positive one

I would take Green over Harris most days.

Nah, there's nothing to suggest green is presently better than Harris.

Not like Harris is some fantastic player but there's a reason green was available

We're a more talented team by even a conservative estimate. Augustin is significantly better than Shabazz. Biyombo is significantly better than dedmon. Ibaka better than Gordon last year. We're an older team which will help with consistency.

We got a better coach which will help with consistency

We don't have a mid season trip to England which condensed the schedule and got us a significant amount of 4 games in 5 nights or 5 games in 8 nights.

All that adds up to us being better than the team last year. Or at least closer to the 19-13 team from early last season than the 16-34 team after.

I thought we were a 38 win team last year. We were a 35 win team. I think we're a 42 win team this year.

Also, I went through every single comment you've made since 2012 and that was literally the only positive one

So we'll be a 39 win team.

Inspiring