Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

It's all fake.

1. Nobody is allowed at summer league

2. If the guy got in, you really think any executive would talk candidly to a random

3. If the guy got in and started talking with an executive. You really think they're going to mention that Watson was a waste of money? They'll say something like "his injury was a wasted year but we have big expectations for him this year"

4. If the guy got in, started talking with someone from the magic, and they said everything above it was likely a season ticket rep or like *****ing accounts payable or something. I.e. Someone not a part of the "basketball decisions".

Dude seems to be reputable from many over there.

Personally I don't see any executive saying they expect big things from CJ. Not since Augustin was signed. That signing speaks volumes.

Dude seems to be reputable from many over there.

Personally I don't see any executive saying they expect big things from CJ. Not since Augustin was signed. That signing speaks volumes.

Sure but that's just corporate speak. Spin positive

Most of those statements would make more sense if the guys source was "a certain point guard who is no longer on the team".

Yeah well who really digs into who their sources are? They'd have no sources if they did this.

[/size]

http://www.indystar....acers/86722942/

That doesn't really play to the strength of our current roster.

We just signed 3 guys who can shoot the distance at a more efficient rate than Oladipo and signed 1 athletic big who can block shots and run the floor, plus traded for 1 athletic big who can run the floor and pass the ball.

Yeah well who really digs into who their sources are? They'd have no sources if they did this.

I guess I just don't trust "sources" guys because they always give you confirmation of things that are completely apparent and never allude to anything before it happens.

Like "my source says the magic are looking for one more veteran at the tail end of his career or developmental piece to fill out the roster" but they never say "the magic are interested in Kendrick Perkins"

I guess I just don't trust "sources" guys because they always give you confirmation of things that are completely apparent and never allude to anything before it happens.

Like "my source says the magic are looking for one more veteran at the tail end of his career or developmental piece to fill out the roster" but they never say "the magic are interested in Kendrick Perkins"

Me neither and I don't know a whole lot about the guy but he seems well respected throughout the entire board not just the Magic portion. He also puts his name out there so it's his name that goes to crap if he's wrong.

One thing he mentioned was they have practically given up on thinking Payton will become a good shooter.

The Hezonja hype isn't homerism it's pretty universal

This..I didn't know much about the guy other than he's supposed to be a great scorer.. so i researched him more around draft week and almost every sport page was hyping him, even legit ones not just espn stuff. Hopefully hr gets legit minutes this year so we can see where were at with him..

Me neither and I don't know a whole lot about the guy but he seems well respected throughout the entire board not just the Magic portion. He also puts his name out there so it's his name that goes to crap if he's wrong.

One thing he mentioned was they have practically given up on thinking Payton will become a good shooter.

Thinking about it more, it's not inconceivable that he spent his day sitting behind Fournier or Scott Perry just listening to conversations. He never said "x told me" it was "I heard". So maybe he is legit.

I mean I fell into a legitimate source for something once. Didn't jump onto the internet blabbing about it but I could have.

And they still want him as our pg? I don't get it. A pg that can't shoot changes so much.

That comes out to less money than $40M in Miami after taxes.

Relative contract if staying with Miami: $47M.

Giving Pat Riley the middle finger after he offers you $10M a year: Priceless.