Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

San Antonio and Dallas can play the no state income tax card so our main sell to Conley is the East being wide open behind Cleveland. He would be perfect for this team and you could rest him plenty with Payton as backup.

I don't see how they are mutually exclusive concepts. Skiles likely wanted to trade for a better PG in January. He talks to Rob about it. Rob shuts him down. He is upset, tired of management not doing what he wants. He *****es until they trade for the corpse of Brandon Jennings as a bizarre attempt at appeasement, one that is no real threat to Elfrid. End of season, Skiles talks again to Rob about a permanent upgrade. Rob shuts him down. Skiles is done not being listened to, quits.

This isn't just crazy speculation. It follows what we know and the rumors of the issues between the two.

I don't disagree that it could have been a factor, but I just don't believe it was the primary reason given how early on in the season Skiles realized he didn't want to be the coach anymore. In January he realized his starting PG wasn't very good but management liked him, so he wanted to quit? I don't buy that. There was obviously a greater issue between the two than 1 player.

I don't disagree that it could have been a factor, but I just don't believe it was the primary reason given how early on in the season Skiles realized he didn't want to be the coach anymore. In January he realized his starting PG wasn't very good but management liked him, so he wanted to quit? I don't buy that. There was obviously a greater issue between the two than 1 player.

I agree it wasn't even the main issue. It was just a symptom of it. Skiles wanted more control, Rob wouldn't give it. That's always been Skiles' issue. The issue with Elf is just the manifestation of that problem.

San Antonio would need to make a lot of roster decisions to get that cap space

If Duncan opts out and they trade Diaw and Mills they have enough room don't they?

EDIT: I'd take Diaw and Mills for a pick or two if we don't think well use all our cap room.

If Duncan opts out and they trade Diaw and Mills they have enough room don't they?

EDIT: I'd take Diaw and Mills for a pick or two if we don't think well use all our cap room.

And rescind manu, and boban.

Oh, oh my god. We should sign boban!

And rescind manu, and boban.

Oh, oh my god. We should sign boban!

Yea I don't think thats giving up too much for a terrific PG.

Yea I don't think thats giving up too much for a terrific PG.

Yeah, it's just integrating a lot of new players when they had a fantastic season last year

I'd take iggy off golden states hands if they need room for durant. Add conley and we got a stew goin

Conley, elf

Mario, iggy

Fournier, iggy/gordon

Ibaka, gordon

Vuc, ibaka, dedmon

Make a deep playoff run then get an upgrade for iggy next offseason

I'd rather have Mills as our starting PG than Payton, to be honest.