Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

I can not and never will be able to understand what drives people to commit such hateful and disgusting crimes. What is there to gain by killing others, let alone innocent people? Why does the human race, being so intelligent and informed and not a wildlife predator trying to stay alive, have to be hateful and cruel to others, no matter where you are located on this planet? Why? Just WHY?! This makes absolutely no sense. There is no purpose to this. Go out, kill multiple people and getting yourself shot and killed in the end. There is no end result other than tragedy and ruined lives. Nothing to gain for ANYONE.

• Upvote 1

I can not and never will be able to understand what drives people to commit such hateful and disgusting crimes. What is there to gain by killing others, let alone innocent people? Why does the human race, being so intelligent and informed and not a wildlife predator trying to stay alive, have to be hateful and cruel to others, no matter where you are located on this planet? Why? Just WHY?! This makes absolutely no sense. There is no purpose to this. Go out, kill multiple people and getting yourself shot and killed in the end. There is no end result other than tragedy and ruined lives. Nothing to gain for ANYONE.

As a person who grew up in a huge LEO/military family, this baffled me as well. Best explanation is there's good and there's evil. Unfortunately with so many variables that have added onto modern day life, which was once much simplier, it has caused the evil to be more creative and more destructive.

The worst mass shooting in American history right here in my home town. I'm completely stunned right now. Such senseless hate. I know people who went there last night, and I think they're OK. Just crazy.

Edit: OK, so one of my former coworkers was shot and is in the hospital. I had a friend who was there but he's OK. I can only imagine what families and friends are going through right now.

As a person who grew up in a huge LEO/military family, this baffled me as well. Best explanation is there's good and there's evil. Unfortunately with so many variables that have added onto modern day life, which was once much simplier, it has caused the evil to be more creative and more destructive.

I don't buy the good and evil paradigm. No one is born that way.

Confused and angry this happened here at home. The worst mass shooting in American history is not what I want Orlando to be known for

Confused and angry this happened here at home. The worst mass shooting in American history is not what I want Orlando to be known for

Stay vigilant and observant.

I knew it would happen eventually and it saddens/angers me at the same time. Orlando is where I was born but it frustrates me beyond words to see this anywhere. Just hits a little harder being the hometown.