Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

lets roundtable this for a minute.

If you remove the untradeable guys (i.e. free agents, no trade clause guys, unavailable players, players on teams that have their window open and wont trade their major piece for a rookie) the list shrinks to Cousins, Isaiah Thomas, Griffin, Butler, Gordon Hayward, Lopez, Bledsoe, Knight, Gallo, Middleton, reggie Jackson, Teague, maybe millsap?

something like that, right?

Sounds right. Number one pick gets you Simmons. Two gets you Hield, Ingram, Dunn, Bender, etc.

Do you trade that for a star talent? Do you keep it and still trade for star talent?

Of that list only Cousins, Thomas, Butler, and maybe Griffin makes a huge impact imo.

lets roundtable this for a minute.

If you remove the untradeable guys (i.e. free agents, no trade clause guys, unavailable players, players on teams that have their window open and wont trade their major piece for a rookie) the list shrinks to Cousins, Isaiah Thomas, Griffin, Butler, Gordon Hayward, Lopez, Bledsoe, Knight, Gallo, Middleton, reggie Jackson, Teague, maybe millsap?

something like that, right?

Maybe Ibaka, especially if KD bolts. I'd trade the pick and Vucevic for Jimmy Butler, then we'd also still have enough to make a huge free agent splash and more of an appeal to free agents. Sign Conley and Whiteside and have a Conley/Oladipo/Butler/Gordon/Whiteside starting 5

Maybe Ibaka, especially if KD bolts. I'd trade the pick and Vucevic for Jimmy Butler, then we'd also still have enough to make a huge free agent splash and more of an appeal to free agents. Sign Conley and Whiteside and have a Conley/Oladipo/Butler/Gordon/Whiteside starting 5

How bout trade for cousins and sign whiteside. Maybe the two crazies balance each other out.

I've come to the conclusion that Murphy13 is doing a fine internet trolling job

This wouldn't be the first time that hasty conclusion would be made, but in the prior situations I ended up being right...it's like groundhog day. What exactly am I trolling with? All I'm saying is that PG is not our top need in the offseason, which it's not. A likely combination of less than stellar comprehension and herd mentality has led the like-minded to this point. I'm giving a very balanced approach to our situation, but, the ever-changing popular opinion is currently focused on the deeds of a second year point guard so whatever level-headedness offered is thus trolling.

It is like clockwork: some joker that posts too much gets something in their head and repeats it to the point that the others start believing it. They back it up with some meaningless analytics when plenty others suggest otherwise and stomp their feet incessantly. Rinse and repeat. This is the only forum I post to, I wonder if this level of collective predictable reasoning is evident elsewhere. Regardless, I have been reminded why I take more and more time away from this place-bring back the intelligent posters! I am stepping away for a while-good luck everyone!

This wouldn't be the first time that hasty conclusion would be made, but in the prior situations I ended up being right...it's like groundhog day. What exactly am I trolling with? All I'm saying is that PG is not our top need in the offseason, which it's not. A likely combination of less than stellar comprehension and herd mentality has led the like-minded to this point. I'm giving a very balanced approach to our situation, but, the ever-changing popular opinion is currently focused on the deeds of a second year point guard so whatever level-headedness offered is thus trolling.

It is like clockwork: some joker that posts too much gets something in their head and repeats it to the point that the others start believing it. They back it up with some meaningless analytics when plenty others suggest otherwise and stomp their feet incessantly. Rinse and repeat. This is the only forum I post to, I wonder if this level of collective predictable reasoning is evident elsewhere. Regardless, I have been reminded why I take more and more time away from this place-bring back the intelligent posters! I am stepping away for a while-good luck everyone!

Wow... this is some of the most ridiculous stuff I've seen on here in a while. To sum up, if we don't agree with you, we're sheeple. So, if you come on here and tell us that Allen Iverson was a better player than Kobe Bryant, or something like that, and we all disagree, we're still sheeple? Because basically all the statistics say Elfrid was by far the worst starter on the team last year. He's the only starter with a PER under 14, only one with a TS% under 50, only one with a TO% over 12; he had the same number of defensive win shares as Fournier with 1/8 the offensive win shares. Literally the only thing he did better than the rest of the starters was get assists, something he did about as well as Brandon Jennings this year. The reason no one agrees with you isn't some sheeple mentality. I was probably the earliest to start calling for Elf to be benched, and I doubt my opinion carries much weight around here, because I really don't post that much. It's just that he's been arguably the worst starting PG in the league this year, ahead of maybe Rose only, and all the stats show that. It's not some conspiracy, it's just really obvious that at this point he's a terrible player.

Who said point guard is our number one need this offseason?

We need a talent upgrade and Conley is one of a half dozen or so guys that we should realistically pursue and not one of the top 3.

Wow... this is some of the most ridiculous stuff I've seen on here in a while. To sum up, if we don't agree with you, we're sheeple. So, if you come on here and tell us that Allen Iverson was a better player than Kobe Bryant, or something like that, and we all disagree, we're still sheeple? Because basically all the statistics say Elfrid was by far the worst starter on the team last year. He's the only starter with a PER under 14, only one with a TS% under 50, only one with a TO% over 12; he had the same number of defensive win shares as Fournier with 1/8 the offensive win shares. Literally the only thing he did better than the rest of the starters was get assists, something he did about as well as Brandon Jennings this year. The reason no one agrees with you isn't some sheeple mentality. I was probably the earliest to start calling for Elf to be benched, and I doubt my opinion carries much weight around here, because I really don't post that much. It's just that he's been arguably the worst starting PG in the league this year, ahead of maybe Rose only, and all the stats show that. It's not some conspiracy, it's just really obvious that at this point he's a terrible player.

I don't agree. And don't ask me what, everything.

our biggest need is SF. for whatever reason there's a dramatic difference on Defense when Fournier goes to the bench.

Our second biggest need is pretty much high-level experienced talent.

Our "big board" for free agency is probably:

1.durant

2.horford

3.batum

4.conley

5.derozan (because I wonder if he suffers from the same issues Fournier does defending SFs)

then you get into someone like Harrison Barnes which I don't know if we'd pursue.

eh, like everything the truth is probably somewhere closer to the middle. Payton isn't indispensable and he's not horrible. he's just massively inconsistent and has flaws that he might never be able to overcome.

We're ok with Payton just like we're ok with Vucevic but expectations might require the bar to be set higher than "ok"

My personal list is

1. Durant

2. Whiteside

3. Conley

4. Horford

5. Batum

I don't know if we go after Whiteside. he's not exactly experienced.

I don't know how much credit we're supposed to be giving Hennigan's comments to the media. If we believe him, Whiteside is probably not on our list. Could just be talking to the media.

This wouldn't be the first time that hasty conclusion would be made, but in the prior situations I ended up being right...it's like groundhog day.

FWIW here's some of the statements you've made in the past:

1. Leonard is overrated by members on this messageboard. He's a good player that's overachieving in the spurs system.

2. Harris' contract is untradeable

3. the cap wont go up drastically

4. Nerlens Noel is going to be close to a 20/10 player in 2015-2016

5. "I don't think Jameis Winston or Mariota is going to cut it"

6. OKC is mediocre

7. We should trade 4, 12, and afflalo for Embiid

This isn't to say being wrong is bad. I'm wrong about a significant amount of things. But don't act like you're right all the time and disagreeing with you is silly.