Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

For some unfathomable reason, I prefer a point guard who drives the offense and looks for the assist before he looks for his own points.

Why not have 1 that can do both?

Also, it's not as simple as that. Of course you want your PG to, ideally look to run the offense before they look for their shot, but even in that philosophy said PG still has to be able to possess the threat of being able to score/shoot.

The best PG's can do both, and do both well. And if you can't do both, you better be able to do one at an elite level.

I'd personally keep Elfrid at point and upgrade the 3 and 5 instead of paying Conley... Like, id rather have Batum than Conley... I love Evan Fournier and he played great ball considering circumstance at the 3, but he's not a 3 and I think small forward is overlooked as a pretty big weakness for us...

My preferences include a point guard who uses dribble penetration to collapse the defense and open up the outside shot. He then hits open shooters for the assist, but goes to the rim often enough to keep that threat alive. If your point guard shoots three pointers, how much ball movement is there and how much threat do the other players present? Not every point guard is a Curry averaging 30 points and 7 assists a game. I would want fewer points and more assists.

Why not have 1 that can do both?

Also, it's not as simple as that. Of course you want your PG to, ideally look to run the offense before they look for their shot, but even in that philosophy said PG still has to be able to possess the threat of being able to score/shoot.

The best PG's can do both, and do both well. And if you can't do both, you better be able to do one at an elite level.

Agreed, I have already decided that Durant is coming here. It is all over but the fireworks.

We are getting Durant 100% everything will be fine then. East finals next season definitely haha.

My preferences include a point guard who uses dribble penetration to collapse the defense and open up the outside shot. He then hits open shooters for the assist, but goes to the rim often enough to keep that threat alive.

So, you basically described Mike Conley

Hahaha hilarious. Who knows though. One can dream for sure.

Is so easy to come up with a better story though.

It's right there.

Watch

I was at the cheesecake factory and ran into aaron gordon. We got to taking about the summer and he says he was at an after party during all star weekend after the dunk contest and started talking to Durant. Durant was saying how he wanted to come to Orlando.

Gordon told hennigan and hennigan ran it by durants agent who implied that this could actually happen if Orlando was able to grab another high profile guy

Hennigan then moved Harris.

This is completely made up but scenarios like this occur all of the time in nba circles. So it's fake but possible.

The real gm scenario is impossible