Sign in to follow this  
nCoolness

DH12 return to Magic? Is this even valid?

Return of DH12  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want him back?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
    • Don't know who he is and don't care

Glad I'm not the only one.

Turn it around in Dallas? He already tried to do it in LA before causing dwightnare 2.0 and then failed again in Houston causing dwightmare 3.0. He's literally had 2 chances during his prime to turn it around. Now he's older and not as good, so how in the world is there a better chance now? How many sequels are there gonna be?

You have to think about 2017. I'm not saying don't go after anyone now, but we have to put our selves in a place to keep succeeding year after year. And henny gets that, which is why I like him.

I get that you dont like the guy. I think we all dislike him in some way as a person due to the way he handle things in the past.

He is still a good player.

Now, you said something about placing ourselves to keep succeding year after year. We have not succeded at anything yet. We are still one of the worst team in the league going 4 years under Henny.

I see that you like the guy and so do I but he is walking on a very thin line at the moment.

He needs to start making moves to put is in a position to Win now. Not more thinking about rebuilding for the future.

We have not seen that urgency from him just yet until just recently when he signed Vogel to a very good deal.

I tell ya what happened. After the Finals appearance, Otis made a dumb arse move that ruined that awesome chemistry. Remember good ol fools gold? What we had there wasn't the most talented on paper but they had some incredible chemistry. CLee was on bball high. Hedo was coming into his own and guys knew their roles despite contract amount (Shard).

Otis totally dismantled that. Stan couldn't work his Magic because the Magic went out the window with the trades. Players started pointing fingers and naturally some started tuning out Stan. Was Dwight part of that? Partially but he was more down about the moves. He thought they should've just added to the roster, not an complete overhaul.

I'll tell ya this too. He wasn't too big on LA. He was fine with it because of the history and the capability to win but he really wanted to go to Brooklyn. He had the mindset of a star and wanted to be a franchise player which isn't a bad thing. Dude was considered the best big in a loooong time so of course he's going to have that mindset. He was looking to do what the Brons, Kobes, MJs, and Shaqs did.

He then went to Houston and thought Harden is an up and coming star but you never know a player until they're on your team with a different role. In a short time, Harden became an top 3-5 player. He also became a black hole that played no defense and had no desire to develop chemistry with the team.

To say he's Scott Skiles is ridiculous. He quit on his young team half way into his first year after contacting Devos and Martins for the job with not being employed in a while.

That's not exactly right. The Vince Carter team was a better team than the team that went to the Finals but we ran into Boston (with a healthy KG) and got outplayed. You make it sound like that team sucked when the bottom line is Boston with Garnett was just a problem for us in the playoffs.This is of course just my opinion and I agree with the larger point which is that Otis eventually killed the teams flexibility.

That's not exactly right. The Vince Carter team was a better team than the team that went to the Finals but we ran into Boston (with a healthy KG) and got outplayed. You make it sound like that team sucked when the bottom line is Boston with Garnett was just a problem for us in the playoffs.This is of course just my opinion and I agree with the larger point which is that Otis eventually killed the teams flexibility.

yup. Otis built a fantastic team and 2010 was the peak version.

Shard fell off and we went into desperation to keep the window open and desperation to keep Dwight mode and made huge gambles that mortgaged our future.

The Lee trade was highway robbery for Orlando, even if Vince only performed to about 60% of what he should have. Don't forget Orlando also got Ryan Anderson in that deal

Did I say the team sucked? No. I said the chemistry changed and it did. The finals team was hard nosed. VC was soft as sh&&. People forget what CLee brought to that team.

Your point about Boston actually proves what I said was right. Dwight wanted to build upon the finals team. Done correctly, we might've beaten Boston. Dwight who tends to overthink things, thought the same.

Let me reiterate that I'm saying things by what I heard by a Magic player's relative combined with what I see and hear from Dwight in the interviews. The interview was just recent and this person and I talked about this years ago and it coincides with one another.

The Lee trade was highway robbery for Orlando, even if Vince only performed to about 60% of what he should have. Don't forget Orlando also got Ryan Anderson in that deal

Your ignoring the importance of chemistry and knowing roles.

Chemistry looked fine when we were demolishing Charlotte and Atlanta in the playoffs.

Chemistry looked fine when we were demolishing Charlotte and Atlanta in the playoffs.

It was a talented team but when you had a special bond and you get to the finals together just to be pulled apart, the what if mindset always creeps in. It can really be damaging on morale. It's human nature to do this. It isn't healthy but it's common.

If we had beaten Boston we wouldn't be discussing team chemistry. Just depends on how you look at it since chemistry isn't tangible and can't exactly be measured or quantified.

It was a talented team but when you had a special bond and you get to the finals together just to be pulled apart, the what if mindset always creeps in. It can really be damaging on morale. It's human nature to do this. It isn't healthy but it's common.

nah man. we had a specific system that relied on getting the other team to start chasing the ball and leaving someone open on offense. Garnett shut down rashard and that had an impact on everything we tried to do.

If we had beaten Boston we wouldn't be discussing team chemistry. Just depends on how you look at it since chemistry isn't tangible and can't exactly be measured or quantified.

A lot of variables play a role when a team wins or loses a series. Fact is, we lost and they're variables why that happened.

You can't measure it by observing statistics on paper but you can measure it observing the players.

nah man. we had a specific system that relied on getting the other team to start chasing the ball and leaving someone open on offense. Garnett shut down rashard and that had an impact on everything we tried to do.

I know. System really changed on the other side of the ball because we lost some of that defensive edge.

I'm not trying dig this deep into the Boston series.

I'm just saying that with Dwight, dude wasn't faking in that interview. The things he said coincides with this Magic player's relative I talked to daily. We even discussed how Dwight tends to overthink things to where it's a mental weakness.