Sign in to follow this  
nCoolness

DH12 return to Magic? Is this even valid?

Return of DH12  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want him back?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
    • Don't know who he is and don't care

I think Rob is pretty dead set against it so I wouldn't stress it.

Howard said he was going into the off season to train hard. Kinda interested to see how that goes.

Only matters if he's training free throws.

New article on Bleacher Report

Would You Pay Dwight Howard $31 Million?

Howard—an eight-time All-Star and three-time Defensive Player of the Year—is about to enter free agency and based on his resume should be one of the most coveted players on the market, right after Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant.

He won't be.

"I wouldn't sign him," said an executive with a Western Conference playoff team.

"A gamble," said a veteran Eastern Conference general manager.

"It's going to be a matter of how much he's willing to sacrifice," one former coach said.

"He's not serious enough, when it counts," said Chauncey Billups, a former All-Star guard, who played against Howard for years. "Guys view Dwight as a guy that's still talented, but at this point is just kind of underachieving," said Billups. "He still can go get a double-double. But I don't think he's viewed as winner at this point."

The descriptions here are based on interviews with more than a dozen people across the league, including executives, coaches, players and others with ties to Howard. The basic story remains consistent from one to the next. (Almost all asked for anonymity to protect relationships and avoid tampering charges.)

The portrait that emerges is a somewhat flaky, if amiable, character. Howard's work ethic is solid, but he's an irrepressible class clown. He doesn't know when to turn it off. "We walk in the locker room and everything is a joke," said one team official who worked with Howard.

If you asked executives to rank the league's centers—taking everything into account—Howard might not make the top five.

"Where Dwight is having a hard time is understanding how the game is changing," said a person who has worked with Howard. "There's not a lot of 'walk the ball up, dump it into the post.' Everybody's trying to put more tempo in the game. Everybody wants to shoot more threes. Everybody's trying to play with more movement, more spacing, more cutting. And that's where Dwight's biggest struggle is: his ability to adjust to that.

It's not that his skills and athleticism have eroded. He's still a dominant defender when engaged. It's just that Howard isn't always engaged, or serious enough or accepting of his limitations. Howard views himself as a primary scorer and a franchise star, while the rest of the NBA views him as a third option who should focus on defense.

Team executives who spoke to B/R predicted Howard might command $10-15 million in a starting salary—far short of the $23.3 million he just opted out of in Houston, and less than half the $31 million max salary he is said to be seeking. He might also have to settle for a short deal.

[When less involved in the Houston offense], he took his concerns to Rockets GM Daryl Morey. "I felt like my role was being reduced," Howard said. "I went to Daryl and said, 'I want to be more involved.'”

The most telling part of his quote was the end: "I've been in this game a long time. I know what it takes to be effective." His fall comes down to a basic skepticism: No one is convinced Dwight Howard gets it.

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/would-you-pay-dwight-howard-31-million/

I think getting Ibaka has pretty much ensured that we aren't going for him unless we get him at a really discounted price.

God I wish this thread would go away. It just won't. I hate it. I hate everything about it. This clown is not, nor was he ever coming back. Let's move on.

God I wish this thread would go away. It just won't. I hate it. I hate everything about it. This clown is not, nor was he ever coming back. Let's move on.

I feel the same about maxing Parsons. Seriously...

I feel the same about maxing Parsons. Seriously...

I don't want Parsons either. Although I'd take him over Howard, which isn't saying a ton.

this headline today made me crack up

o59nuVx.jpg

I saw this on Twitter so don't give me credit but I can't find it again

"It makes sense that Dwight would be interested in Portland with all of the bridges there to burn"