Sign in to follow this  
TheNameIsOrlando

San Antonio @ Orlando Magic

Surprised the starters were mediocre on offense. It seemed to be very good.

has more to do with san Antonio's defense than poor play imo. starters shot 39.6% overall but went 5/11 from three. 56 points on 53 field goal attempts, 7 turnovers, outscored san Antonio by 8.

It's always going to look better if you're outscoring the other team.

meh, If we're going to trade players for late game issues we'd have a completely new team.

I was leaning toward trading payton, not because he was making mistakes, but because he was playing mostly anonymous basketball where his negative play outranked his positive play and he was generally floating around the court with very little aggressiveness.

he's done a good job dealing with that recently, averaging 15 ppg, 8.7apg, 4.7 rpg on 50/44/63 shooting over the last 3. His defense has also become better (not yet good but better).

This type of play is something we can build on.

I can agree with this first part. But Payton's issues in the fourth seem to me the most damaging, so that's why I have called for an upgrade there to make a push. I don't want to trade Payton, because I still think he's got something that could turn into great basketball, if he can put it together; but in the fourth quarter he's still an overall negative most games. I want to trade Harris or Fournier (though maybe just Harris and Frye, really) for a starter quality point guard who can get these guys under control in the fourth. Maybe C.J. Watson will fix that issue, but I doubt it. Or maybe we'll put it together in the fourth with the guys we have.

I do think we can build on the type of basketball we've been playing recently; but I know this is an important season, and Payton is far from a sure thing. I think if Harris or Fournier can get us a quality starting PG, we should do it. Other than that, I think we should stay the course, and maybe hope C.J. can give us a bit more stability to start out fourth quarters.

I can agree with this first part. But Payton's issues in the fourth seem to me the most damaging, so that's why I have called for an upgrade there to make a push. I don't want to trade Payton, because I still think he's got something that could turn into great basketball, if he can put it together; but in the fourth quarter he's still an overall negative most games. I want to trade Harris or Fournier (though maybe just Harris and Frye, really) for a starter quality point guard who can get these guys under control in the fourth. Maybe C.J. Watson will fix that issue, but I doubt it. Or maybe we'll put it together in the fourth with the guys we have.

I do think we can build on the type of basketball we've been playing recently; but I know this is an important season, and Payton is far from a sure thing. I think if Harris or Fournier can get us a quality starting PG, we should do it. Other than that, I think we should stay the course, and maybe hope C.J. can give us a bit more stability to start out fourth quarters.

Payton is fine. The boy is halfway into his 2nd season in the NBA.

CJ has been a bigger loss to us then a lot of fans realise. He brings experience, good shooting, decent d and a overall sense of calm. If he was fit we could finish the games out if EP was not playing well. I think if we had CJ we'd have won a few more games. Rob chased him for a season or 2. He is a top top backup in this league.

As for trades. I'd like to keep Evan. If we do not trade Tobias i'd like to see him off the bench for the rest of the season. 16mil or not. 6th man should suit him.

I'd be open for Frye for Ryan Anderson, if Anderson left it is money off the cap and more money for us in the summer

To be honest i'd be fine with Rob waiting till the summer to sort it all out.