Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

Guess no one read past Jimmy Butler :svgsad:/>/>

There was a but there folks.

Right, that's the point.

It doesn't really provide much to the conversation to list guys who aren't available for trade.

Right, that's the point.

It doesn't really provide much to the conversation to list guys who aren't available for trade.

Well, there were rumors about the possibility of him moving a week or so ago after his vocal rant.

It's nothing more unrealistic then Carmelo or Ibaka imo.

Well, there were rumors about the possibility of him moving a week or so ago after his vocal rant.

It's nothing more unrealistic then Carmelo or Ibaka imo.

Carmelo is a 31 year old on a rebuilding team with declining value.

Ibaka is the third wheel on a team that lacks depth and is competing for 3rd place in their conference.

Durant is possible as they might want to cash in now rather than let him leave if he's given them indications that he's looking to leave.

Jimmy Butler is a 26 year old in year one of a very team friendly deal. He's not going to be a free agent until 2019 at the earliest. His team is competing for first place in the conference. He plays well on offense and defense and generally shoots the ball well so he fits in any scheme and with any group of players around him. He just broke a Jordan record for points in one half last night.

Based on team circumstances, player circumstances, and contract he's arguably in the top 5 of players that are least likely to be traded this year.

Carmelo is a 31 year old on a rebuilding team with declining value.

Ibaka is the third wheel on a team that lacks depth and is competing for 3rd place in their conference.

Durant is possible as they might want to cash in now rather than let him leave if he's given them indications that he's looking to leave.

Jimmy Butler is a 26 year old in year one of a very team friendly deal. He's not going to be a free agent until 2019 at the earliest. His team is competing for first place in the conference. He plays well on offense and defense and generally shoots the ball well so he fits in any scheme and with any group of players around him. He just broke a Jordan record for points in one half last night.

Based on team circumstances, player circumstances, and contract he's arguably in the top 5 of players that are least likely to be traded this year.

My comment was more of an "I wish but yeah right" Usually people would follow with "Man that would be awesome" knowing I wasn't saying it was possible and the convo dies out quickly. Didn't expect the seriousness. Again, there were rumors a week ago.

Ibaka isn't going anywhere. He anchors their defense and provides offense. He's a third option because they have Westbrook and Durant. He fits in perfectly.

Carmelo will go to an contender if traded. Not to a team who's fighting to get in the playoffs.

My comment was more of an "I wish but yeah right" Usually people would follow with "Man that would be awesome" knowing I wasn't saying it was possible. Didn't expect the seriousness. Again, there were rumors a week ago.

Ibaka isn't going anywhere. He anchors their defense and provides offense. He's a third option because they have Westbrook and Durant. He fits in perfectly.

Carmelo will go to an contender if traded. Not to a team who's fighting to get in the playoffs.

There weren't legitimate rumors a week ago.

like I said, it just doesn't really bring anything substantive to the conversation if we have to go through every player who would be nice to have but isn't really available.

It's like you walking up to a bunch of coworkers casually discussing 401k contribution levels at previous employers and suggesting they just win the lottery.

There weren't legitimate rumors a week ago.

like I said, it just doesn't really bring anything substantive to the conversation if we have to go through every player who would be nice to have but isn't really available.

It's like you walking up to a bunch of coworkers casually discussing 401k contribution levels at previous employers and suggesting they just win the lottery.

No casual convo. Gotcha!