Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

If we want to sign a star we need to trade for one

We have retained our five or six best assets if that's the route we have to go. It's not like this deal precludes us from doing anything, quite the opposite actually.

Magicman28 is the worst and I hope he stops posting obnoxiously long pessimistic garbage

i think its just ignorance. He wants a quick fix trade now and there was no market to allow one without giving up almost all our assets, which likely would have set us back.

Rob freed up AG and Hezonja while allowing us to sign 2 max free agents this summer. Isn't that we wanted?

The trade for Jennings was brilliant. Dude is in a contract year and is gonna try to ball out to get paid -- which is gonna help us make the playoffs. And we don't have to keep him or ilyasova next year, freeing up cap space for multiple max players while possibly being able to retain Fournier.

Look, he also tried to trade for Blake and it didn't happen. That was a good offer too. The clips weren't ready to deal him

No, this is simply not accurate. What if the team actually plays better because Hezonja/Gordon are freed up and the pieces we added fit better? What if we're able to sign a major FA or two and retain Fournier, who most assumed we'd lose? You're being so short sighted here, just sit tight and try to see the big picture.

I am looking at the big picture. Just with different glasses. This years fa is weak

What stars did we have here when McGrady and Hill signed? I think that's the same scenario that's being tossed around now. You sell a FA on our ability to sign another significant player to add to our core. Also back to the Harris deal, we actually just chose Fournier over Harris and I'm really fine with that.

There's no Tmacs and Hills in this fa. Got a 40 year old Duncan though.

Magicman28 is the worst and I hope he stops posting obnoxiously long pessimistic garbage

You want me to be a homer. It want me to think like you. Are you filled with that much ego that you can't stand if someone challenges your perception?

You want me to be a homer. It want me to think like you. Are you filled with that much ego that you can't stand if someone challenges your perception?

I mean, it's one thing to state your opinion. It's another to be a wet blanket.

I want to know what his alternative is. We're now seeing we tried to go after superstars but our offers were rejected. Next step is to go after some in FA.

i think its just ignorance. He wants a quick fix trade now and there was no market to allow one without giving up almost all our assets, which likely would have set us back.

Rob freed up AG and Hezonja while allowing us to sign 2 max free agents this summer. Isn't that we wanted?

The trade for Jennings was brilliant. Dude is in a contract year and is gonna try to ball out to get paid -- which is gonna help us make the playoffs. And we don't have to keep him or ilyasova next year, freeing up cap space for multiple max players while possibly being able to retain Fournier.

Look, he also trade for Blake and it didn't happen. That was a good offer too. The clips weren't ready to deal him

Jennings going to ball out? You don't even know if he'll last the rest of the season.

I just don't like the move, unless there's another one coming. That's not ignorance, that's a matter of an opinion.

I'm not looking for a quick fix, I just want a fix period. This move prolongs the rebuild. And no, it's going to be harder than you think to overpay Fournier, and max out multiple 2nd tiers. It's going to be real hard when we miss the playoffs again. When next season starts, we'll be a team, AGAIN, without a 1st tier player.

It's repetitive but expecting different results.

Jennings going to ball out? You don't even know if he'll last the rest of the season.

I just don't like the move, unless there's another one coming. That's not ignorance, that's a matter of an opinion.

I'm not looking for a quick fix, I just want a fix period. This move prolongs the rebuild. And no, it's going to be harder than you think to overpay Fournier, and max out multiple 2nd tiers. It's going to be real hard when we miss the playoffs again. When next season starts, we'll be a team, AGAIN, without a 1st tier player.

It's repetitive but expecting different results.

I'm curious- what first tier player do you think Hennigan could have traded for but chose not to?

I responded to the move. My attitude towards it will be different from those who do like it. That's natural. I probably should've just not responded right away.