Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

GAMETHREAD: NETS @ MAGIC

It's always nice to get a W especially when you don't play all that well. I wonder how different this game would have been with a healthy Payton?

I think if any of us were offered this record after 32 games at the beginning of the year we would have jumped on it.

The next eight games look like a very difficult stretch to me. I'll be very happy to go .500.

Happy New Year.

I'm just saying with the way he is playing offense, something is going on in his head.

I would not be surprised if we find out at some point that there is something going on in his personal life. I don't see why it's out of the realm of possibility.

Hopefully it's only a basketball issue, but I would think Victor would be able to deal with any on-court issues easily.

Adjusting to a new role off the bench?

Given the added responsibility of running the point in the last 5-6 games?

A new coach who probably holds him accountable and doesn't let him do whatever he wants?

Look -- Dipo is fine. Skiles played Dipo in heavy minutes last night despite a poor start, and I like that. Why? Dipo plays with FIRE and in the 4th quarter Dipo is one of the reasons we won that game.

Just loving this team right now. Fournier is balling again because Skiles didn't give up on him during his 10 game funk. Skiles will not give up on Dipo, as well.

I expect a Dipo who will average 18/5//5 after the new year. Last night's game was a game changer. You'll see.

Signs of good things to come:

Double digit scoring despite 3/11 shooting, rebounds, assists, hustle plays...

Dipo will start to find his role as scorer/defender, hustler type, off the bench. He will average 18/5/5 fairly soon, and he will win sixth man of the year by the time this season ends. You heard it here first.

Perhaps the role he has as an off the bench PG would allow Mario more minutes as 2nd string SG?

Signs of good things to come:

Double digit scoring despite 3/11 shooting, rebounds, assists, hustle plays...

Dipo will start to find his role as scorer/defender, hustler type, off the bench. He will average 18/5/5 fairly soon, and he will win sixth man of the year by the time this season ends. You heard it here first.

Perhaps the role he has as an off the bench PG would allow Mario more minutes as 2nd string SG?

I have all the confidence in the world in Victor. I'm just not seeing the player he really is lately. His defense is pretty darn good, but everything else is off honestly. If the hustle was gone then I would be very concerned. I just expect him to be near 20 ppg, especially if he has any shot at 6th man. His defense is not appreciated league wise like it is here sadly which hurts his chances for any rewards.

If he gets to those numbers, then I would say he is fine. He has done all those things you see as good signs all year yet he looks lost offensively still. I don't see any signs he is sure to return to form anytime soon. Look Fournier is very good, but in no way she he be outperforming Oladipo, ever.

It's also possible that nothing is wrong with him and he is simply in a funk. I just know how much better we would be with Evan and Victor both hitting shots. As far as him playing PG, I have advocated for that and feel it can work at times, but only when he is making shots. Obviously it would be a bit different than Payton at the point, but it could work if he was told to take on such a role.

With Hezonja, he just needs to be out there and aggressively looking for his shot/offense during his minutes, until his defense develops. Not sure his actually position matters.

I hope you're right, that it's nothing, and he bounces back to become the Sixth Man of the Year.