Sign in to follow this  
AddiFB

GAMETHREAD: Atlanta Hawks @ Orlando Magic - Sunday 6PM

Letting Korver get more than a couple 3's cost us the game.

Dipo helping too deep was the back breaker, but is not the reason we lost.

We have Fournier and Frye pass up good shots, Tobias missing two wide open corner 3's. over penetration, missed rebounds, and forced shots.

We played good defense to stay with them, but in the end none of our go-to-guys could not make a defining play down the stretch and we couldn't build on the lead when we had chances. Balance is great, but we need one guy who draws the attention of the defense and is able to get to the line, make the clutch shot consistently, and find the open when he can't get a good shot.

Right now, unless we pass it around to get a good shot, the defense can play man to man and typically prevent and easy shot.

Are all your posts going to conclude with playing Mario more? I've already invested too much time into reading them and want to know whether I should give it up now or not.

No they aren't. But his ability to hit the 3 and spread the D is why we drafted him. He is a piece that would make a huge difference once he becomes acclimated to the NBA. I simply believe he should get consistent minutes to reach the potential he has sooner than later. Not anything crazy like 30 minutes, but 20 is fair. 240 to give out during a game, so that is 1/12 of the minutes. I'm not the only one who wants him to play on this board.

This team needs more than we currently have, and Mario and Gordon are two pieces that we need. Barring a free agency miracle.

Also, I say that when our guys shoot like garbage and there is no reason not to try it. Plus his development has a big influence on how we assemble this team.

I would have no problem limiting him in tonight's game because our established players were going to have enough trouble. And we need to go with what we know against the better playoff teams.

Hezonja may not be the answer now, but very well could be at some point. And if a player like Fournier is pushed by taking some of his minutes away, I think he will turn it around quick. I believe the threat of Mario taking Fournier's playing time helped push him to the great start. If Evan plays like that then sure Hezonja will probably be the odd man out. Skiles is trying to give him minutes now which is great, but don't pull him in 3 minutes if he just buried a 3 or he is playing perfectly fine.

Sorry if all you take from my posts is stuff about Hezonja. I say alot more. And maybe I see something in him that you don't. I want what is best for our team long term.

Are we probably going to make the playoffs? Yes.

Are we likely to advance more than one round? No.

Does playing Hezonja reasonable minutes hurt us to the point we will miss the playoffs ? I would wager No.

Does playing Mario get him acclimated and ready to contribute sooner? Yes, unless he is a bust

Does playing him push others and help Rob know which way to assemble the team better? 100% yes

Are all your posts going to conclude with playing Mario more? I've already invested too much time into reading them and want to know whether I should give it up now or not.

Also , I didn't mention anything about Hezonja playing more tonight. Only after you said something did I say anything about him getting more minutes.

I just said that was a bad position to put him in, especially making him guard Bazemore right away. I understand why you would pull him after the two and -one's, but why give him that assignment? There was no switch that created that matchup, that was who he was assigned to. I said he needs to develop sooner than later because he has a chance to be a special shooter. That was just implying that I hope it doesn't take forever.

Sorry if all you take from my posts is stuff about Hezonja. I say alot more. And maybe I see something in him that you don't. I want what is best for our team long term.

We want the same thing my friend. History just shows us that players can still develop into superstars without playing big minutes in their rookie season.

I have no doubt Skiles will play him when his ready.

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 18 h

Hawks scheme in ways that make Korver's defender in help position, but ORL left him way too open, too many times.

Back in Lisbon, ready to watch us bounce back against the Knicks

No they aren't. But his ability to hit the 3 and spread the D is why we drafted him.

Stop. Holy *****, stop. Channing Frye does just that.

We want the same thing my friend. History just shows us that players can still develop into superstars without playing big minutes in their rookie season.

I have no doubt Skiles will play him when his ready.

Exactly. I'm as hopeful as the next person that Mario is a Ginobli. But we haven't seen even a glimpse of that so let's chill.

Stop. Holy *****, stop. Channing Frye does just that.

Frye is a non-factor unless he makes his 3's. He is on maybe once every 3 games. Hezonja has much more skill to help in other ways, which Channing doesn't do anymore.

And if you haven't seen glimpses from Mario of doing what we need him for, then I don't know what you're watching. He needs to get acclimated to the speed of the NBA and learn how to defend guys quicker and stronger than what he is used to, but he has the skills that were advertised.