Sign in to follow this  
The Neighborhood Bully

OFFICIAL GAMETHREAD: PORTLAND @ ORLANDO

I don't get why as soon as the team is doing well, and just about every player is playing well, suddenly we want to trade? For what purpose?? I understand its always fun to speculate. With that said, sometimes the best trade you can make is none at all, at least for now. Keep doing what you're doing while trying to keep work on your weaknesses, and lets see how far this group can go. At least until the trade deadline. The way the bench guys are playing may give Henny a bit more confidence to pull the trigger on a deal with someone like Frye or Fournier, but that doesn't mean they should actively search for the first thing that comes along.

Mario is J.J. Redick 2.0, just as far as circumstances go. Clearly this year and maybe next, much like J.J., he's going to struggle for heavy minutes due to the established guys in front of him. It may take time but he'll be just fine. His defense is already far better than J.J.'s was when J.J. was a rookie. He's taller and more athletic, not to mention still only 20 years old. I see him thinking out there a lot, he just needs more time in Skiles' system and he'll be good to go.

I think Magic fans should enjoy the winning and remember just how young our youngest guys are, their time will come. It's hard for all the players to get the minutes they deserve when a. everyone is playing decent-to-great and b. everyone is healthy.

I see what your saying but I don't get why you don't understand the concept of how an forum for fans consists of many different topics about the team. One, which unless your an GS fan, will have conversations about how to improve the team. Heck, I use to play NBA2K just so I can play GM. These kind of sentiments are in all facets in life when your not number one and just about about every team in the NBA, again, unless your GS, has fans that are having the same convo.

We also are keeping things in perspective. We got smacked again by Cleveland. Yeah, feels good to beat Portland and Charlotte but the ultimate goal is to beat the best. Can't rest on your laurels man. I'll put money on Henny and Skiles feeling the same. If they didn't, they wouldn't of thrown money at Millsap.

I see what your saying but I don't get why you don't understand the concept of how an forum for fans consists of many different topics about the team. One, which unless your an GS fan, will have conversations about how to improve the team. Heck, I use to play NBA2K just so I can play GM. These kind of sentiments are in all facets in life when your not number one and just about about every team in the NBA, again, unless your GS, has fans that are having the same convo.

We also are keeping things in perspective. We got smacked again by Cleveland. Yeah, feels good to beat Portland and Charlotte but the ultimate goal is to beat the best. Can't rest on your laurels man. I'll put money on Henny and Skiles feeling the same. If they didn't, they wouldn't of thrown money at Millsap.

I understand your points and will even agree with some. However, I have to agree with skywise here. People here likes to discuss potential trades based on reactions to either certain play or game. As you can see, we are once again talking about trades on a game thread.

we are in no position to beat cleveland yet. Our goal is to make the playoff and so far we are acomplishing such goal. We are, what? 2 games of the 3rd position in the eastern conference standing?

I dont see any trades happening YET. Lets keep the trade talks going but at the appropiate threat.

In regards of Hezonja, he will develop to be a very good shooting guard in this league. He reminds me more of a Ray allen type of player than korver. He will be good. Rest asure. He just need some more time to develop.

i remember when JJ was drafted. It took him 4-5 years to get where he is at.

Lets be patient.

I understand your points and will even agree with some. However, I have to agree with skywise here. People here likes to discuss potential trades based on reactions to either certain play or game. As you can see, we are once again talking about trades on a game thread.

we are in no position to beat cleveland yet. Our goal is to make the playoff and so far we are acomplishing such goal. We are, what? 2 games of the 3rd position in the eastern conference standing?

I dont see any trades happening YET. Lets keep the trade talks going but at the appropiate threat.

In regards of Hezonja, he will develop to be a very good shooting guard in this league. He reminds me more of a Ray allen type of player than korver. He will be good. Rest asure. He just need some more time to develop.

i remember when JJ was drafted. It took him 4-5 years to get where he is at.

Lets be patient.

Again, it's a fan forum. Unless your an GS fan, these convos will continue. I suggest you pay no mind to them. It really isn't the end of the world talking about trades.

I guess my point is that, especially with young players, lot of people make the mistake of thinking that they are what they are, and they can't get better. Maybe that was mostly true back in the day when all but the most special of players would stay in college all four years, and be 24 or 25 year old rookies. In this era of 20 year old NBA players, the most successful franchises are the patient ones.

The arrow is definitely pointing up, and despite what people are saying there's no reason to believe that most of these guys aren't going to continue to improve, that they're just going to plateau off.

In short, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Or at least don't be in a rush to fix it.

P.S. I'm not saying people shouldn't talk about whatever they want to talk about. I'm just saying people shouldn't get upset at the Magic if they are quiet on the trade front for a decent while.

In short, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Or at least don't be in a rush to fix it.

P.S. I'm not saying people shouldn't talk about whatever they want to talk about. I'm just saying people shouldn't get upset at the Magic if they are quiet on the trade front for a decent while.

Agreed 100%. Seen that go wrong too many times.