Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

OFFICIAL GAMETHREAD : Magic @ Suns

That was a bunch of BS pulling Hezonja after he hit the 3. There was time to pull Fourier back easily. The moment Hezonja hit the shot. A bit funny how Aaron's mistakes are over looked and every thing Hezonja does wrong or when he misses a shot everyone says he is not ready. Mario is as ready as anyone.

Look at his percentages, he doesn't get consistent time and still shoots respectably. Heck, look at the boneheaded plays our vets make. Fournier has come back to earth and his playing time needs reduced because he is obviously tired.

Skiles is way too stubborn with Mario and not giving him the playing time he should get. And you can tell nothing is ever ran for him because I see teammates that almost ignore him on the court. Mario may not create many shots but he will in time. Right now we need to run a few things for him and let him play at meaningful times. We know he can play, but he needs a fare shake.

He needs to work on his handles and decision making before he becomes part of the rotation.

He needs to work on his handles and decision making before he becomes part of the rotation.

I still think we need to punt on a game and say "ok, let's rest our starters and play Hezonja, Shabazz, and Gordon 35 minutes no matter what"

Maybe it's too early in the season to do that. Maybe we do that January 8th against Brooklyn.

I still think we need to punt on a game and say "ok, let's rest our starters and play Hezonja, Shabazz, and Gordon 35 minutes no matter what"

Maybe it's too early in the season to do that. Maybe we do that January 8th against Brooklyn.

Popovich would do something like this. I do believe it was good for the core to go through adversity, though. I think that Payton TO in the end will be a good lesson for EP to always look back to.

I do think Dedmon needs to get minutes against big centers or Vuc needs to work on his strength conditioning if he wants to be truly elite.

I agree. For Mario at least i honestly believe even a 8-12 mins a game for now will be ok specially against 2nd units.

I agree. For Mario at least i honestly believe even a 8-12 mins a game for now will be ok specially against 2nd units.

See, the problem with that is sort of the same thing we see with Gordon. They're just complimentary pieces when set in the same lineup with two of: payton, oladipo, harris, or fournier. Hezonja is generally used as a weakside spacing option. Same with Gordon.

I just want one game where they're the high usage guys. Hezonja needs it for development. Gordon needs it because there's a significant amount of evidence that he might be our best player and i have an extreme curiosity to see what happens if he gets free reign to do whatever he wants with no threat of getting pulled for a poor rotation or missed shots.

See, the problem with that is sort of the same thing we see with Gordon. They're just complimentary pieces when set in the same lineup with two of: payton, oladipo, harris, or fournier. Hezonja is generally used as a weakside spacing option. Same with Gordon.

I just want one game where they're the high usage guys. Hezonja needs it for development. Gordon needs it because there's a significant amount of evidence that he might be our best player and i have an extreme curiosity to see what happens if he gets free reign to do whatever he wants with no threat of getting pulled for a poor rotation or missed shots.

^This, but I don't see Skiles letting this happen. He seems very anti rookie, meaning he CANT stand dumb mistakes. Well he needs to realize that the people in front of Mario and Aaron are making stupid decisions every day and as of yet we have no all star caliber players starting. I really don't understand why he doesn't play Dedmon at all. He is very high energy. And only against Okafor did he look bad. So what, so don't play him against a good low post player, there are not many of those left in the game anyway.

^This, but I don't see Skiles letting this happen. He seems very anti rookie, meaning he CANT stand dumb mistakes. Well he needs to realize that the people in front of Mario and Aaron are making stupid decisions every day and as of yet we have no all star caliber players starting. I really don't understand why he doesn't play Dedmon at all. He is very high energy. And only against Okafor did he look bad. So what, so don't play him against a good low post player, there are not many of those left in the game anyway.

We dont play dedmon because Smith has been playing pretty well.

here's what lost us the game:

second quarter we played a shabazz-fournier-oladipo-harris-vucevic lineup that went -3 in a short amount of time.

that transitioned into a payton-fournier-harris-nicholson-vucevic lineup that went +1 in like 1 minute.

then frye came back in for nicholson and we finished the quarter out -6.

That same lineup started the third quarter -7

Then we went shabazz-fournier-oladipo-gordon-vucevic that was -4

Then we went Shabazz-oladipo-hezonja-gordon-nicholson that was +4

Then we subbed Vucevic in and went -3 for the last minute or so of the third quarter.

The fourth quarter we played Payton-oladipo-hezonja-gordon-vucevic and went +6

Then fournier came in for Hezonja and went -1.

then hezonja and harris came back in and we went Payton-oladipo-hezonja-harris-Vucevic and went +1

Then Fournier came back in for hezonja and we went +2

here's what lost us the game:

second quarter we played a shabazz-fournier-oladipo-harris-vucevic lineup that went -3 in a short amount of time.

that transitioned into a payton-fournier-harris-nicholson-vucevic lineup that went +1 in like 1 minute.

then frye came back in for nicholson and we finished the quarter out -6.

That same lineup started the third quarter -7

Then we went shabazz-fournier-oladipo-gordon-vucevic that was -4

Then we went Shabazz-oladipo-hezonja-gordon-nicholson that was +4

Then we subbed Vucevic in and went -3 for the last minute or so of the third quarter.

The fourth quarter we played Payton-oladipo-hezonja-gordon-vucevic and went +6

Then fournier came in for Hezonja and went -1.

then hezonja and harris came back in and we went Payton-oladipo-hezonja-harris-Vucevic and went +1

Then Fournier came back in for hezonja and we went +2

I think it's time to start Drew. He's earned it. Play Smith at backup 4 and Dedmon at backup 5. Frye should only be played if we need a 3 late in a game.

And, it'll be real nice to get CJ Watson back when it happens.

I think it's time to start Drew. He's earned it. Play Smith at backup 4 and Dedmon at backup 5. Frye should only be played if we need a 3 late in a game.

And, it'll be real nice to get CJ Watson back when it happens.

I agree with this.

I agree with this.

I am still having a hard time believing how well Drew is playing. Is this really the same guy who looked like a clumsy buffoon on the court for the last couple of years? I say no. I'm convinced that Drew is a clone, the result of a high tech lab experiment funded by, yes I will say it, Amway. The DeVoss family is frustrated at the bad luck we have had in the draft, constantly tanking but never getting the guy who will be considered a potential franchise player, and so they have obviously gone to an extreme only afforded by the super rich. Word on the street says that Devyn Marble is next. I can hardly wait.