Sign in to follow this  
jec

Orlando Magic vs Boston Celtics - 11/29/15

Yes I saw that. But his shooting has regressed sharply this season. He is 26% over 2 months and we expect him to hop to 41%? Its a tall order.

well he shot 21% in february and 40% in march so its not that crazy.

son of a *****

you stole my thunder there.

Please man. Your entire agenda is trying to make me look foolish for my reasoning on why Oladipo was benched.

I get it - you have so much faith in victor that you think you can increase his 3 point shooting by more than 15% this month. And maybe he can, but it's a reach right now. That's just the reality. I'm sure you can agree with that.

That's not what regression is.

Regression is a return to a former or less developed state.

You want to argue everything now that I post ,even the semantics of it? This has become extremely petty.

Please man. Your entire agenda is trying to make me look foolish for my reasoning on why Oladipo was benched.

I get it - you have so much faith in victor that you think you can increase his 3 point shooting by more than 15% this month. And maybe he can, but it's a reach right now. That's just the reality. I'm sure you can agree with that.

No i dont really think he will. But there's precident for it.

Its much more likely that he does a slow climb and his three point shooting percentage ends up around 33% overall for the year with a high month of something like 39%

Regression is a return to a former or less developed state.

You want to argue everything now that I post ,even the semantics of it? This has become extremely petty.

yeah, a return to a former state in this case (statistics) would be a return to shooting ~34%. You're quoting the definition of regression in a medical or psychological sense.

No i dont really think he will. But there's precident for it.

Its much more likely that he does a slow climb and his three point shooting percentage ends up around 33% overall for the year with a high month of something like 39%

I would love to see it. Contrary to some people's belief here I would like to see our guys play well.

yeah, a return to a former state in this case (statistics) would be a return to shooting ~34%. You're quoting the definition of regression in a medical or psychological sense.

Like I said - he is arguing semantics. Using the term regression gets the point across just fine unless you are just looking for a petty argument.

100 bucks says he googled "regression" and just quoted the first definition he saw.

100 bucks says he googled "regression" and just quoted the first definition he saw.

yeah. its the definition that you get right off of the search page without clicking the link.

Of course, I did that on purpose so the argument would end. Everyone googles the same.

If I had posted my definition he would have argued that. It's amazing how he has to pick apart every post I make now after dedicating half a page to expiating how he did not care what I thought at all.

Of course, I did that on purpose so the argument would end. Everyone googles the same.

If I had posted my definition he would have argued that. It's amazing how he has to pick apart every post I make now after dedicating half a page to expiating how he did not care what I thought at all.

he said he didn't care what you thought of him