Sign in to follow this  
Catman

Knicks Game thread

Its comical that people (ok, just one person) are comparing Tobias to a top 50 player of ALL TIME.

And that's in no way hating on tobias; he's just not showing that his a HALL OF FAME player at this time lmao.

It's not comical. No one thought Pippen would be Hall of Fame material when he was 23 (1987-1988 NBA season).

It's not comical. No one thought Pippen would be Hall of Fame material when he was 23 (1987-1988 NBA season).

Tobias has been in the league for 6 years now man. Enough.

Wow.. this thread may be this forum at its worst. A few posts, that shall go unnamed, have literally made me miss negative voting. A lot of overreaction, particularly in a solid win. Just saying.

How can someone not just enjoy THIS game if they watched it?? The Magic played stellar defense and Victor Oladipo should find a tape of this game, take it home, and STUDY IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN. He should play this way for the rest of his career. Back to basics. Defense first, and attack the rim with reckless abandon with every chance he gets if he even has half a crease in the defense to do so. Refs be damned, opponents be damned, everything be damned.

Now just imagine if the Magic can actually get Evan Fournier AND Dipo to actually attack the basket hard *gasp* in the same game?? They just might get somewhere offensively.

I've always thought starting was incredibly overrated, by players and fans alike. What matters is: 1. How many minutes did you play? 2. How much did you play in the 4th quarter?

I mean, would you rather be Fournier and start, but not finish? Or would you rather be Dipo, and not start, but finish? I think if Dipo can play night after night like this, and especially if the Magic win games, I don't see where the problem lies. I think as long as he gets minutes and finishes games, he'll be fine. I don't mind if Dipo wants to basically invent a chip on his shoulder and take it out on his opponents. Most of the great ones do just that!

I have to say it bothers me that Mario isn't getting any run, especially with how respectable his defense has been early in the season.. but this is also a marathon, not a sprint. I will be rooting for Frye hard in the short term, maybe he can get his trade value up from "non-existent."

In conclusion, just think we should find our chill. At least just a bit.

Yeah,I agree. Im surprised at how many people are negative about the lineup here. It is positive everywhere else I have read opinion on it.

I like the Elf/Fournier and Shabazz/Victor backcourts a lot. There is a reason Victor was able to attack the rim more. It was not just him being fired up, it was that we had actual spacing. Makes life a lot easier for a guy to attack the rim. Additionally, Fournier doesn't have to play the most minutes in the NBA per night. He can drop it down to 25-30 and stay healthy.

Also like that we got to see Harris play a lot of games at the 4 and now we get him at 3. Will have a nice sample size of numbers to figure out his best (if there is one) spot.

Yeah,I agree. Im surprised at how many people are negative about the lineup here. It is positive everywhere else I have read opinion on it.

I like the Elf/Fournier and Shabazz/Victor backcourts a lot. There is a reason Victor was able to attack the rim more. It was not just him being fired up, it was that we had actual spacing. Makes life a lot easier for a guy to attack the rim. Additionally, Fournier doesn't have to play the most minutes in the NBA per night. He can drop it down to 25-30 and stay healthy.

Also like that we got to see Harris play a lot of games at the 4 and now we get him at 3. Will have a nice sample size of numbers to figure out his best (if there is one) spot.

Well the lineup was a net negative. -1 in the first quarter, +2 in the second quarter, and -5 in the third.

Needs a bigger sample.

Well the lineup was a net negative. -1 in the first quarter, +2 in the second quarter, and -5 in the third.

Needs a bigger sample.

Fournier didn't score much, which this reason has been rare. He will be fine. A net negative of -4 with that type of low scoring from your top guy is not bad.

Fournier didn't score much, which this reason has been rare. He will be fine. A net negative of -4 with that type of low scoring from your top guy is not bad.

Yeah I'm just saying it's not like it was done great lineup. It wasn't all that detrimental either. Needs a bigger sample.

Needs a bigger sample.

Sure. But in the long run it will add a HUGE net positive to the lineup that would have Dipo on it. Makes sense? It's already showing that not having all your best weapons to start could be an Orlando Magic scheme that proves awesome results.