Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

Gamethread: ORL @ CLE

I think it's an impossibility to win games in the 2015 NBA with a starting point guard who shoots and scores as poorly as him. This isn't like a typical inefficient 40% player, he's 2011 Gilbert Arenas bad.

Vuc, Harris and Fournier have to work extra hard to get their shots off because our backcourt basically doesnt have to be guarded.

Yeah, my point was that winning 36 games instead of 40 this year is worth giving Payton (well everyone to be honest) the most minutes possible to get the best evaluation.

We need to figure out if Payton or Oladipo or Harris or Vucevic, etc, is worth hitching our wagon to long term.

Either Payton or Oladipo get benched -- they are a dreadful combination right now. I agree that AG makes the starting line up from here on.

I think it's likely Oladipo rides the bench while Payton gets Fournier as his starting mate.

In the press conference, Skiles expressed frustration with the lack of consistent effort at the start of games and the start of the third quarter. That was the reason he said it was time for a change, rather than poor shooting or any other specific. Also in the presser though, he did say that it must be frustrating for Payton because the other team isn't even guarding him and he still can't make shots. I couldn't tell if he was being a bit sarcastic or not.

I think it's likely Oladipo rides the bench while Payton gets Fournier as his starting mate.

This is what I have been wanting to see for a year now. Interested in what Skiles wants to do at 3 and 4.

Also in the presser though, he did say that it must be frustrating for Payton because the other team isn't even guarding him and he still can't make shots. I couldn't tell if he was being a bit sarcastic or not.

I saw it, and he wasn't.

Don't get me wrong, I think Henny has made the best possible decisions. What is becoming apparent is this- we have compiled a lot of solid, hard working, young talent, but we haven't struck gold with anything yet. Gordon and Hezonja (maybe even Payton) still have time to blossom, but I think at this point we pretty much know what we're gonna get from Oladipo, Harris, and Vuc. Maybe later in the season one of those players really clicks and we get hot, but we'll see. There's a lot of season left, and I'm still optimistic.

Don't get me wrong, I think Henny has made the best possible decisions. What is becoming apparent is this- we have compiled a lot of solid, hard working, young talent, but we haven't struck gold with anything yet. Gordon and Hezonja (maybe even Payton) still have time to blossom, but I think at this point we pretty much know what we're gonna get from Oladipo, Harris, and Vuc. Maybe later in the season one of those players really clicks and we get hot, but we'll see. There's a lot of season left, and I'm still optimistic.

Nothing is all that apparent.

I saw it, and he wasn't.

Maybe. People can watch it and judge for themselves. When he said how bad he felt for Payton that he couldn't make shots even though the other team isn't guarding him, what it sounded like to me was that Skiles was kind of pissed that Payton isn't playing better. Skiles also talked about pro players making pro plays near the basket. Overall Skiles sounded pretty frustrated with Payton to me.

I would not be surprised to see Payton coming off the bench, but we'll see. At least, as I said before, Skiles is entertaining. On a night like this, that was about all the entertainment we got.

If Skiles is so focused on energy, why has he played Gordon 18mpg or less 7 out of 14 games this year?

You'll have to ask him. It's what he said at the press conference, though, or at least strongly implied. It was in the context of how badly the Magic are starting games and starting third quarters where the discussion about changing the starting line up came up.