Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

Gamethread: MIN @ ORL

Maybe we'll get lucky and everyone will play up to their potential and we'll be able to throw a rotation of 7 third options on a great team out there. That kind of depth is good enough to win some playoff games.

Yeah I agree, but the problem is that when you have that go to guy, they accept that role and really take it to another level. When you have a bunch of guys who could be that guy, but it's not defined - well that makes it tougher.

We can definitely win playoff games as constructed now. I am thinking how we parlay this back into a title.

Yeah I agree, but the problem is that when you have that go to guy, they accept that role and really take it to another level. When you have a bunch of guys who could be that guy, but it's not defined - well that makes it tougher.

We can definitely win playoff games as constructed now. I am thinking how we parlay this back into a title.

It's kind of one of those "cross that bridge when we come to it" scenarios. We're getting too ahead of ourselves here.

Until there's a superstar who demands a trade, a lucky lottery year, or a way to trade up for a misevaluated prospect, we just gotta keep developing what we have.

Just bums me out we couldn't get Wiggins. Minny's rebuild is like old school '94/95 lottery Magic. It's how you win titles.

We had our luck back then. It's crazy to expect it again, but Minny did turn an asset in Love into Wiggins.

So believe i what Rob is doing (asset collecting), it will pay off at some point because I firmly expect to see a trade opportunity in a year or so that the Magic can get in on.

It's nice to be .500. Really is. Im not complaining, it's just sobering to see how damn good those two guys are..lol. Okafor really impressed me, but Towns took it to another level tonight. That was just dominating.

We are going to have to turn these assets into a star. I'd keep Fournier over a lot of our other guys simply because he can already do this. So if we got another star next to him who can do it even better, we are in fantastic shape. But I just don't see how this roster can become more than an annual playoff team right now. We just don't have enough consistency. Guys show signs of future consistency early in their careers. Maybe just some streaks, but you can see it. I think Payton will settle in for us at some point. He is an exceptional talent at pushing the pace. He has shown he can string together monster games, and I believe he will do it again for us. He is just learning a new system and learning a new shot motion.

Agree on Payton. I feel like AG could be great too. He needs to think Blake Griffin and not so much Paul George.

Fournier is averaging the most minutes in the league.

It's all going to be fine until he blows an Achilles.

really bro? #C'monMan.

Just bums me out we couldn't get Wiggins. Minny's rebuild is like old school '94/95 lottery Magic. It's how you win titles.

We had our luck back then. It's crazy to expect it again, but Minny did turn an asset in Love into Wiggins.

So believe i what Rob is doing (asset collecting), it will pay off at some point because I firmly expect to see a trade opportunity in a year or so that the Magic can get in on.

Even though I agree, I hate it because seriously, how common is it for an star, who has their head on straight, to be traded?

It also sucks that 6 other teams decided to tank the same time we did. This year there's barely any competition for Philly. The number 5 pick might have 29 wins this year.

Even though I agree, I hate it because seriously, how common is it for an star, who has their head on straight, to be traded?

Chris Paul, LeBron, bosh (i feel like these two are cheating), (does shaq count?), kidd, Nash, Garnett, Ray Allen.

McGrady, harden, Carmelo probably don't fit your "in their right mind" qualifier.

So pretty much every other year. Gotta get lucky but hope is not all lost. Franchise got Grant hill and McGrady to come over and almost got Duncan. There's got to be something appealing here.

• Upvote 1

You have to think ahead. Rob has proven he is very very good at being ahead of the curve on finding talent. The Magic could make a trade for a guy showing signs - Kawhi Leonard is a good example of the Spurs doing this.

We may be able to steal such a player in the draft as well. The chances are low, but it can happen. If Rob sees a guy he loves, he may package our pick and a player to move up a little and get him.

Back to trades, Phoenix did this with Bledsoe, and now Brandon Knight, who is one of the best SGs in the league early into this season. They are not superstars, but Bledsoe has proven he is a go to guy who can carry a team when needed.

Also, all the guys P4TW just listed. It happens.

• Upvote 1

Just bums me out we couldn't get Wiggins.

Hey man, as a Magic fan and an FSU fan, I had to miss out on that kid twice. Still so frustrated about that lol.

I only got to catch the 2nd half, so I saw a really exciting game tonight. Hope our guys can learn to be more consistent though.