Sign in to follow this  
SiMON2g

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: ORLANDO @ HOUSTON

Skiles said team did not put much/any emphasis on last second plays yet.We have few standard plays and thats it. Focus for this team is still on learning defensive schemes. I agree with this approach, we are focusing on ourself and defense that will help us night in and night out. Time to practice some more fancy last second plays will come, but we are not there yet.

We play the Sixers in a few days

True, I guess it's like playing a D-League team.

It's just cringeworthy watching him right now. He needs a lot of time to get used to the NBA. I do think he will be a 3 point stud once that happens.

True, I guess it's like playing a D-League team.

It's just cringeworthy watching him right now. He needs a lot of time to get used to the NBA. I do think he will be a 3 point stud once that happens.

His shot is beautiful which is encouraging.

There's really two schools of thought for what to do with Hezonja.

1. His issue isn't really what he can do. He can dribble, he can shoot, he can drive. He's just having issues with the speed of the NBA game. Going from Europe to the NBA is a big step in speed. He's seeing windows that would be there in spain but aren't in the NBA as guys can recover. Guys are going up on him on defense and not giving him room. the main issue all revolves around game speed. To get used to that he's going to need immersion therapy. Keep throwing him out there until it clicks and deal with the missteps in the meantime. He's better off going through walkthroughs and limited practicetime with Skiles directly teaching him and playing against Gordon and Fournier. Going to the D-league doesn't help him deal with NBA speed because it pushes him back into a talent level he's comfortable with.

2. Or he needs to take a step back to remember what he's good at and gain confidence. Going to the d-league will get him a bunch of minutes and he'll be able to shoot 25 times a game and probably score 40 points and come back to the team with that mental health break and renewed confidence.

Not sure what would be better.

Considering the D-league doesn't start until the 12th. i think we're going to stick with option 1 for the short term.

Not sure of that, and I'm one of his biggest fans

he can. He cant dribble while watching his defender while remembering the play while looking to make a pass while deciding if he should continue with the play or go off script. Its a multitasking thing.

But he can dribble. its like gordon early last year.

i wonder if we should just park him in the corner for a bit rather than keep things busy for him like we're doing now.

(SAMPLE SIZE ALERT!!!)

he's shooting 55% from three and 67% from the corner.

And 11% from everywhere else.

I don't care how Gordon starts, I just think he needs to start. I also think our most polished closer is Harris. I'd like to see him be our go-to guy for a change.

If Gordon starts, we would have to throw the odd man out straight to the bench. That's Payton because Fournier and Oladipo can interchange the point position. Other than that, it would have to be any else.

I thought he could start but looking at the lineup, its going to have to be at someones expense.

When Payton's driving and scoring he opens it up for everyone else and our offense has so many more options. But lately it seems like he either hesitates driving in or settles for a jumper.