Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

OFFICIAL GAMETHREAD: Magic vs Wizards

It was a good game we hung in there, we made alot of mistakes, took some bad shots -- growing pains.

Skiles should have put Gordon in when we needed a stop, but instead Wall took it to Vuc.

Things this game confirmed for me:

1) Hezonja, Gordon, and Elfrid are the future of this team

2) Oladipo is still an awkward fit unless he can consistently shoot better (I think we're better trading him for a purer shooter at the 2)

3) Vucevic might be underutilized in this offense

4) Frye is terrible at defense. Skiles likes defense. Sorry Channing.

5) We need a number 1. At the end of the game you knew two things - Wall was going to get their shot, and we had no one who looked comfortable yet being that guy.

Somewhat surprised that Napier didn't get any burn and I was disappointed in Fournier and Watson. We need shooting badly and those two need to hit open shots.

Random thoughts:

-Good game

-Love Payton and Gordon

-Like Mario, too.

-Wish Gordon would start next to Vooch

-Still not sure about Dipo. Sometimes he thinks he's the fantasy baby of Dwayne Wade and Ray Allen

-Strong night by Dedmon

Sounds like we watched the same game!

Random thoughts:

-Good game

-Love Payton and Gordon

-Like Mario, too.

-Wish Gordon would start next to Vooch

-Still not sure about Dipo. Sometimes he thinks he's the fantasy baby of Dwayne Wade and Ray Allen

-Strong night by Dedmon

I may be in the minority here but I like that Dipo kept shooting. I read a interview(think it actually may have been from the year before last) and Dipo says something equivalent to "they believe in my shooting so Im going to continue to shoot" "I can only get better".

He had a terrible shooting night but he has the guts to take the shots. If a few of those would had dropped everyone would be praising him. Your leaders are supposed to take shots and thats what he did. He wont have but a handful of shooting games like this.

Went to the game

It was fun.

Pretty good crowd.

Refs were terrible all around.

Hezonja was equal parts awesome and terrible.

I think you guys are too hard on Oladipo. His shots came within the offense.

the officiating tonight was completely 1 sided.....such a joke, hezonja was mugged on that drive to the hoop, then the refs somehow decide john wall didn't foul oladipo when he was draped all over him....what a **** show nba officiating is easily the worst in sports

not sure why people are whining about dipo almost all his shots were within the offense, he missed a bunch of open 3's. he has to take those shots, the team outside of mario was a disaster from 3.... 2 for 21

It was a good game we hung in there, we made alot of mistakes, took some bad shots -- growing pains.

Skiles should have put Gordon in when we needed a stop, but instead Wall took it to Vuc.

dedmon should have been in the game for that possession

the officiating tonight was completely 1 sided.....such a joke, hezonja was mugged on that drive to the hoop, then the refs somehow decide john wall didn't foul oladipo when he was draped all over him....what a **** show nba officiating is easily the worst in sports

I mean, the refs stole points from Washington with 2:19 left when they failed to call a goaltend when one of our guys tipped the ball out of the bottom of the net then subsequently tried to give us the game on a phantom goaltend at the end of the game.

So I don't think you can call it one sided. But yeah, terrible