Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

What do you do with our first rounder?

Depends on where it is. Later might be better. We either want top 3 or 10+. Wouldn't be shocked if we traded out of the first round.

Here's what my offseason plan would be:

Renounce Jennings, Nicholson, dedmon, smith.

Waive Ilyasova

Make pitches for horford/Durant

Backup pitch for Whiteside/Conley

plan C- supplement weaknesses, sign Ian Mahinmi, Courtney lee types. See if Hibbert's value has tanked enough to become a low risk reclamation project.

Resign Fournier, consider extending Oladipo as a future cost containment move (right now he's probably a 15 million/year player. if he improves he might be a 27 million/year player in 17/18. see if you can get him to extend for 20/year)

fill roster with high energy/mobile guys.

I don't see why we would sign Conley unless we are sending off Payton and not bringing back Jennings. I don't hate the idea of Whiteside, I just don't see him happening. I hope to jebus that we sign neither Mahinmi or Courtney Lee. If our summer is so unsuccessful that those are the names we are talking-then Rob needs to be fired, for real.

At this point: if we win tonight, great! If we lose, then we need to start tanking-aka playing how we have been playing. I know this isn't going to be a great draft, but maybe we get lucky and get a top 3 pick.

I know people don't like to hear this, but this rebuild is not going well.

• Upvote 1

Haven't heard official word, but ESPN's lineup preview for tonight has us sliding Gordon to the 3 and starting Ilyasova at the 4, which I am more than okay with.

I don't see why we would sign Conley unless we are sending off Payton and not bringing back Jennings. I don't hate the idea of Whiteside, I just don't see him happening. I hope to jebus that we sign neither Mahinmi or Courtney Lee. If our summer is so unsuccessful that those are the names we are talking-then Rob needs to be fired, for real.

At this point: if we win tonight, great! If we lose, then we need to start tanking-aka playing how we have been playing. I know this isn't going to be a great draft, but maybe we get lucky and get a top 3 pick.

I honestly see us going after Horford hard but ending up with Howard and going hard after Durant and ending up with Parson.

I also see us trading our first or Payton for a nother more veteran PG.

very depressing

We're not bringing back Jennings.

Point guard is the second most improvable position.

If you cant get top tier free agents or second tier free agents you need to just fill holes. Mahinmi is a Center who can defend pick and rolls and the post. He's also someone we could count on playing 20+ mpg. If we're not ready to move on from Vucevic, he's the type of backup center we need who can effectively start when Vucevic is playing poorly.

If we're set up with Payton, oladipo, Fournier, Gordon, Vucevic with Watson, ?, Hezonja, ?, ?. you need to fill those backup ?s with complimentary talent. what we'd need at Shooting guard is a guy who could sub in for oladipo and play next to payton and Fournier (and also Watson and hezonja). so you want a guy who can hit threes, play defense, and not need the ball in his hands. So Courtney lee.

I honestly see us going after Horford hard but ending up with Howard and going hard after Durant and ending up with Parson.

I also see us trading our first or Payton for a nother more veteran PG.

very depressing

nah, Parsons doesn't make sense.

The correct overpayment backup plan is Derozan.

ugh

Agreed, but playing Nicholson and Dedmon as backup bigs beats playing Marble as a backup wing. This allows us to have Mario backup the 3 and I would guess Smith will backup the 4 allowing Dedmon to relieve Vooch. Regardless, without Fournier we can't afford to keep getting in to foul trouble like we have the past two games.

nice, just saw we catch Portland on the second night of a back to back after golden state. might be able to steal that one from them.

Awesome! Hopefully, Golden State doesn't avenge their loss to them in dominating fashion. Lillard's been the second best player in the league since the all-star break.

We're not bringing back Jennings.

Point guard is the second most improvable position.

If you cant get top tier free agents or second tier free agents you need to just fill holes. Mahinmi is a Center who can defend pick and rolls and the post. He's also someone we could count on playing 20+ mpg. If we're not ready to move on from Vucevic, he's the type of backup center we need who can effectively start when Vucevic is playing poorly.

If we're set up with Payton, oladipo, Fournier, Gordon, Vucevic with Watson, ?, Hezonja, ?, ?. you need to fill those backup ?s with complimentary talent. what we'd need at Shooting guard is a guy who could sub in for oladipo and play next to payton and Fournier (and also Watson and hezonja). so you want a guy who can hit threes, play defense, and not need the ball in his hands. So Courtney lee.

I mentioned those two exact guys like a month ago as vet bench guys I'd like us to look at.