Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Mario was good on offense and bad on defense.

Its kinda funny watching him make the same mistakes as Gordon used to (except nobody casually watching the game would recognize Gordon's mistakes because his athleticism gives him more recoverability).

That and Gordon didn't pout after making a mistake or committing a foul like Mario does. Hopefully he grows out of this because he puts himself into a funk too often.

what would I trade for him?

I dunno. Not enough to get him. Cant trade oladipo because Fournier isn't good enough on defense to cover for him. Don't want to trade Gordon.

You'd have to get other teams involved with our draft picks.

Wasn't there a rumor about Tobias Harris, Elfrid and like 4 first rounders for Kyrie? I think I would've done that one, but I don't know how much better it would have made us. Kyrie is a miserable defender and way too streaky on O.

That and Gordon didn't pout after making a mistake or committing a foul like Mario does. Hopefully he grows out of this because he puts himself into a funk too often.

Mario hasn't adapted to getting screwed by officials. Dude had like 2 legitimate fouls last night

Wasn't there a rumor about Tobias Harris, Elfrid and like 4 first rounders for Kyrie? I think I would've done that one, but I don't know how much better it would have made us. Kyrie is a miserable defender and way too streaky on O.

Add injury prone to that.

It's time to make Gordon a #1 or #2 option on offense along with Vuc. He's our true both ends of the floor star of this team... Mario will be next. Replace Payton with Mario in the SL. Make Fournier be point forward. Dipo as lock down defender and 3rd option on offense.

It's not nearly that easy. The reason Gordon got off to such a great start was that he was not the focus of the Philly defenders-who are terrible at defense anyway. When Gordon gets any kind of defensive attention he disappears...at this point in his game. It was great to see him have a great half like that, and I love what he can be, but scoring will never be his game. That doesn't mean he won't put it together from time to time, but he isn't a scorer.

I mean, we'll be ok going 4-3 vs 5-2 but then we're going to finish going 11-6 vs 10-7.

There's a reasonable path to 11 wins in the remaining, but it really removes any chance of dropping anymore games.

I don't think 15 wins is going to be enough. The number 9 seed is on pace to win 43 games, and are playing better than us currently. Indy is on a losing streak, but I don't think they fall off that far. Chicago is our best chance at a playoff spot but Detroit and Washington have a clear advantage. We need a strong win streak (>6 games) to even have a chance at this point imo. I think the magic number is going to be 43 or 44 wins to get into the playoffs, which means we need 17-18 wins min. That stretch from 3/16-3/25 is going to be tough. We've won 26 games all season, to look for 15 in the last month+ is going to be tough.

As it stands currently we are 4 games out of the playoffs, and 3.5 games out of the 6th spot in the lottery. Purgatory.

I don't think 15 wins is going to be enough. The number 9 seed is on pace to win 43 games, and are playing better than us currently. Indy is on a losing streak, but I don't think they fall off that far. Chicago is our best chance at a playoff spot but Detroit and Washington have a clear advantage. We need a strong win streak (>6 games) to even have a chance at this point imo. I think the magic number is going to be 43 or 44 wins to get into the playoffs, which means we need 17-18 wins min. That stretch from 3/16-3/25 is going to be tough.

Probably. But 41 gives us a chance and 44 wasn't feasible after January. If we get to 41 and miss the playoffs, oh well. That's enough to make it most years and it ends up being a good season

Probably. But 41 gives us a chance and 44 wasn't feasible after January. If we get to 41 and miss the playoffs, oh well. That's enough to make it most years and it ends up being a good season

I still think we'll wind up closer to 36 - 46 than 41 - 41 and the only reason why it's been hard for the fan base is the deceiving 19 - 13 start