Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Oladipo receiving more calls equals:

opponents bigs or guards in foul trouble

opponent forced to adjust to him or forced to to sit best bigs/guards from foul trouble

Magic have advantage from freethrows

More time for Oladipo to attack lesser guards.

Oladipo not receiving calls:

Abundant amount of missed field goal attempts

Ruins his percentage scoring and perception of scoring

Unable to get back on defense

Demotivating

Frustrating

Point? Had victor received the calls he deserved, the Magic would have able to limit opponents; a basic logic flow chart of advantages. Oladipo continues to get hammered and worn down through the game. The other night, he showed perseverance and endurance.

Most of all, another point is that we would have been dominating both opponents. For both games, the Magic lead for the majority of each game. Especially the okc game.

Victor averages the 6th most drives in the nba at 10.5 per. He has been shooting 18.2 percent on his drives which is the worst out of the top 10 drivers.

http://stats.nba.com...ABBREVIATION*E*

He averages 5.5 more drives than our second most driver thus far, Tobias Harris(5.0).

http://stats.nba.com...REVIATION*E*orl

Last night...victor received only 2 free throw attempts in each game.

What you guys need to ask yourself is WHAT THE ***** GIVES.

Yeah, basic math shows Oladipo should be getting fouled on, what, like a third of his drives?

To be honest, Gordon is playing like a starter. He plays defense, is now good enough to play at a high level offensively, and can easily be a stopper that we desperately need. I think these last two games have proven that, but I think Skiles is taking it slow with him, not wanting to rush him into starting, and then have him go down with injury. Still, he needs to be in during the 4th. We would have won the last two games with Gordon in lineup, but Skiles did something different. Both the losses have been defensive miscue based, Gordon fixes that, and keeps the defense in a position to close out games.

There was a part of me that wanted Gordon to start against the Thunder, but another part of me could see him getting in very early foul trouble against Durant, and I have to believe that Skiles had the same thought. I do agree that he should have played more at crunch time though.

Holy crap. Curry has a PER of 52.3

Using Steve Nash in their coaching Staff....has..made him seemingly unstoppable on and off the ball. Curry has been able to carry the load even with Klay Thompson having less field goal attempts. Their offense is elaborately overwhelming. Curry will have a historic year.

I believe his rival is most likely Russel Westbrook who has seems to have become OKC's front man.

You should see his points per 100 possesions. 56 points. Box +/- +19. UY Scuti Christ(i'm going to make this a thing)!

Anyway, if anyone doesn't know...UY Scuti is the largest star ever discovered thus far per solar radii. Its easily larger than the solar system.

dlq4avbmuyur5kgerkh4.png

Oladipo doesn't get fouls because 90% of the time it's either a bad decision (ie into 3 defenders) or he's completely wild and out-of-control.

He's wild and out of control because he's getting hit. Have you not been watching these games? The wild and out of control thing was his rookie years and halfway through last season. Everyone in the chat noticed late last season that Victor has been making competent drives to the rim as well as our other players such as Tobias.

I've watched extremely closely and was not at all pissed off about him taking quality attempts and/or slashing to the basket. I surely would have let it be known if it was the case but its not.

People here also complain about the amount of free throws as a team that the Magic DO NOT receive. Last season, the Magic were dead last in free throw attempts. Even most of our highlights last season are comprised of situations in which these players were able to finish through heavy contact and still not receive any type of call.

I'm not going to complain about Victor driving to the rim. At least he's making a *****ing effort to get our free throw attempts up..but in vain! Its not even his fault and I respect what Oladipo is trying to do.

When factoring in the rules of field goals, the number of missed field goals have accumulated and skewed Oladipo's percentages on field goals close to the basket because the 1 to 2 thirds of those drives were fouls. His field goal attempts would have gone down had he received the free throws.

I respect his maturity to not complain about it thus far but I see him at wits end at one point in the regular season where he could potentially punch a guy or get ejected. I don't think Oladipo would punch a guy (I hope). Its sort of how Dwight was when received many of those technical's here and in Houston when players like Kevin Garnett kept testing him. A player at wits end is dangerous to be around.

-----

Other ****:

What is with this logic that "you're not old enough this so and so call". "You have to earn the respect of the officials". "You aren't gonna get that call in the playoffs." "He needs to exaggerate his contact more". Its these rationales do not help quality the sport. People make excuses for the official's not to do what IS their obligation to do and that's call and officiate the game as properly as possible. These perspectives tarnish the quality of the game and I hope the officials don't think this way.

Other than that, I've made an emphasis to watch footwork and it seems that most of the league is guilty of awful footwork. Especially the clippers who have made it an art. The NBA should probably add another official to better catch traveling violations which I sincerely doubt they will. Especially on passes in which the ball isn't moving or being passed into the paint. Pivots slide everywhere or are switched in picked up dribble and pass situations. In the heat of late game situations, its even worse.

Harden's step back move may also be a travel. A simple walk back to get open.

I agree with Bauncey. Oladipo is not drawing fouls well. It's still on him. It's not like some huge conspiracy against him.

I think everyone is watching these games and we see a younger player in Aaron Gordon who is very efficient at getting to the line because he knows how to create contact and draw fouls.

He's wild and out of control because he's getting hit. Have you not been watching these games? The wild and out of control thing was his rookie years and halfway through last season. Everyone in the chat noticed late last season that Victor has been making competent drives to the rim as well as our other players such as Tobias.

He still bricks layups in the half-court and on fastbreaks just like he did in his first year. Payton was a better finisher on drives last year than him and he was a rookie without any jumpshot at all.

b]People here also complain about the amount of free throws as a team that the Magic DO NOT receive. [/b] Last season, the Magic were dead last in free throw attempts. Even most of our highlights last season are comprised of situations in which these players were able to finish through heavy contact and still not receive any type of call.

I'm not going to complain about Victor driving to the rim. At least he's making a *****ing effort to get our free throw attempts up..but in vain! Its not even his fault and I respect what Oladipo is trying to do.

When factoring in the rules of field goals, the number of missed field goals have accumulated and skewed Oladipo's percentages on field goals close to the basket because the 1 to 2 thirds of those drives were fouls. His field goal attempts would have gone down had he received the free throws.

I can't respect Oladipo's mindless effort because it often amounts to basically a wasted possession. Oladipo's had a better free throw rate as a rookie even though he cut down on the amount of jumpers he took his 2nd year so I don't know what he's doing. It's clear that he's a player who struggles with basic decision making and he's simply doing too much. It's not like the team is starved with offensive talent and he's forced to jack all those shots--Harris and Vucevic are much better offensive players than him.

I respect his maturity to not complain about it thus far but I see him at wits end at one point in the regular season where he could potentially punch a guy or get ejected. I don't think Oladipo would punch a guy (I hope). Its sort of how Dwight was when received many of those technical's here and in Houston when players like Kevin Garnett kept testing him. A player at wits end is dangerous to be around.

It's nice that Oladipo probably wont punch a guy but I'd prefer he become a much smarter player. Unless you're a freak athlete, drawing contact is a skill. Harden and Wade are high IQ players who know what they're doing. Oladipo needs to stop crashing into the lane like an overexcited 12 year old.

He still bricks layups in the half-court and on fastbreaks just like he did in his first year. Payton was a better finisher on drives last year than him and he was a rookie without any jumpshot at all.

Oladipo shot 5% better than Payton 0-3 feet from the basket so...