Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Its not so much that Payton is fast, just that he's active. This measurement is a total speed for the season so far. so its speed running fast breaks, speed walking the ball up the court, speed standing still, speed chasing a guy around screens, etc.

I will admit that I know nothing about speed measurement. In regards to speed standing still, does that mean that he seldom stands still?

I will admit that I know nothing about speed measurement. In regards to speed standing still, does that mean that he seldom stands still?

Maybe. Maybe not.

Think of it like traveling 75 miles in your car.

If it takes you an hour you traveled 75 mpg on average. But there's a variety of ways you can get that speed. Maybe you just drive 75 mph on the highway. Maybe you went 150 mph for 15 minutes, took a 30 minute lunch, and then drive an additional 15 minutes at 150mph.

That's the Spurs reputation. Quietly elite..but..it was Philadelphia 76ers. Overtly terrible.

eh, he's an average player, just not efficient.

That's true, but it's hard to not notice that he put up a career high in win shares with 2.1 last year in 58 games, and he was at around 1.7 through 16 games or so this year. He was due for some serious regression, which is mostly what we're seeing now.

Thankfully, so was Oladipo, and Oladipo's regression to the mean was ultimately more good for the team than Fournier's was bad.

Without Duncan and Kawhi lol

And without Manu, starting Bonner, and playing with the bench about half the game.

I think the bench actually extended the league to be the biggest in Spurs history.

76ers are just a horrible team right now. If not for Kobe's "screw this I'm chucking 3s" game, they'd probably still have 0 wins.

That's true, but it's hard to not notice that he put up a career high in win shares with 2.1 last year in 58 games, and he was at around 1.7 through 16 games or so this year. He was due for some serious regression, which is mostly what we're seeing now.

Thankfully, so was Oladipo, and Oladipo's regression to the mean was ultimately more good for the team than Fournier's was bad.

Payton is regressing positively too.

16iccnl.jpg

You know, for what it's worth, the start to Hezonja's NBA career is extremely similar to Nicolas Batum, Leandro Barbosa, Mickael Pietrus, Carlos Delfino, Boris Diaw, ilyasova, Marco Belinelli, Gallinari, Giannis Antetokounmpo, and Hedo.

In retrospect, we were pretty foolish for expecting him to play well immediately. Find me a Euro wing that had a good rookie year that was under the age of 22. Pretty sure that player doesn't exist.