Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

What do you guys think of a potential (in like 2 years) starting lineup of

PG: Oladipo

SG: Hezonja

SF: Harris

PF: Gordon

C: Vucevic

I think that it could be a nice step to take if Payton's timidity keeps him from being a consistent player.

Oladipo and especially Hezonja would have to cut down the turnovers but I think it could be a very balanced lineup with elite size, good shooting and defense.

Harris' improved defense is one of the most underrated aspects of our recent play.

Oladipo at PG didn't work that well before but now the system is different, with more ball movement.

Just don't know about Hezonja. I really believe Porzingis was our target and now that Hezonja isn't getting minutes, hard to gauge his progress.

Dipo at point, I just don't think it'll work. Would be nice but just don't see it consistently.

Hypothetical Question here:

If our current players stay the course and improve marginally over 2 years or so what are the Magic missing? Would it just be a star player?

Would a player like Wall over Payton make us lwgitiment contenders in the East?

I see a lot of talk about improving shooting ect. and what not which I agree with but I see us just missing that one superstar with or without major improvement. Although I guess a Payton-Wall is a major improvement.

If our current players stay the course and improve marginally over 2 years or so what are the Magic missing? Would it just be a star player?

I see a lot of talk about improving shooting ect. and what not which I agree with but I see us just missing that one superstar with or without major improvement. Although I guess a Payton-Wall is a major improvement.

Wall would give us a huge boost but I think we can contend with depth and no real star.

our current team with realistic improvement across the entire lineup and no injuries and we retain everyone probably maxes out at 49-50 wins. We dont really know what our team needs yet. We'll find that out over time.

So what are we missing?

It's just hard to say with all the young players we have. Right now, consistency. We are on this winning streak which is consistent but I wanna see what happens when we play the elite.

If you want to keep it simple and for the future, an elite talent of consistency who competes.

Just don't know about Hezonja. I really believe Porzingis was our target and now that Hezonja isn't getting minutes, hard to gauge his progress.

Dipo at point, I just don't think it'll work. Would be nice but just don't see it consistently.

Dipo's ast/to ratio is actually better than Payton's this season; although it may go down if Dipo was handling the ball more. Dipo is actually 9th in the league and Payton is 16. Small Sample size though. I still think Dipo is our most important player along with Vuc and probably Harris. If we get rid of any of those three we better get something real nice.

a trancendent player.

Or that too. Problem with Atlanta is with everyone improving and or getting that transcendent player, they are likely to end up falling off the map. IF they don't stay up to date.

Dipo's ast/to ratio is actually better than Payton's this season; although it may go down if Dipo was handling the ball more. Dipo is actually 9th in the league and Payton is 16. Small Sample size though.

Very small. Wonder what it was during his pg time under JV?