Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Well yeah but I disagree and this is the place we fans do it. In fact, history has shown it's inadequate.

I don't pay much attention to Sportscenter.

Actually the Magic started the season decently last year when they rolled out this lineup. Payton was brand new and struggled, but the Magic were winning games with Evan at SG. This was with Elfrid playing his first NBA games ever and Frye struggling mightily.

May be different this time around. Worth at least watching and giving it a few games before complaining like crazy already.

Actually the Magic started the season decently last year when they rolled out this lineup. Payton was brand new and struggled, but the Magic were winning games with Evan at SG. This was with Elfrid playing his first NBA games ever and Frye struggling mightily.

May be different this time around. Worth at least watching and giving it a few games before complaining like crazy already.

Yeah and the lineup changed because of the horrible defense. Dedmon started at the 4 because of it.

Don't have much of a choice do I?

No you can choose to watch the game before complaining. it's a little more normal.

And since no one thinks this lineup is permanent, the complaining really is pointless.

The lineup changed because Victor got healthy. And then the Magic started to lose games. Evan was on the bench. I mean if you want to be accurate you may want to have all the actual facts laid out.

No you can choose to watch the game before complaining. it's a little more normal.

And since no one thinks this lineup is permanent, the complaining really is pointless.

Seen quite a bit of Frye/Vuc. Rather see what Frye has on coach.

The lineup changed because Victor got healthy. And then the Magic started to lose games. Evan was on the bench. I mean if you want to be accurate you may want to have all the actual facts laid out.

We started to lose games because we actually played good teams. 1 win against a playoff team last October/November

Without Victor we beat Philly, Minnesota, and the Knicks. It's a little dishonest to portray it like we were rolling before Oladipo came back

Yeah but we were a terrible team, so any win last year had to be looked at, no matter who it was against.

I just really liked what Fournier gave us at SG early last year and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.

We really need Mario to log minutes because we need him to get developed. His potential skill set is exactly what we need at the wing position.

Magic general manager Rob Hennigan has intentionally built this team to be deep, and it looks like Skiles can take better advantage of it. After all, in the last full season that Skiles coached, with the 2011-12 Milwaukee Bucks, he gave both Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis over 35 MPG, all while severely limiting the play of then-prospects Larry Sanders (12.4 MPG in 52 games), Jon Leuer (12.1 MPG in 46 games) and a 19-year-old named Tobias Harris (11.4 MPG in 42 games). Here’s how I’d recommend reorganizing minutes across Orlando’s roster:

1. Give Channing Frye more minutes in place of Harris.

Funny how fast things change in the NBA: at the start of training camp, there were quiet rumors that Frye would be traded. Now, Frye is turning in perhaps the most efficient season of his 10-year NBA career, including career-highs in true shooting percentage and win shares per minute. Frye’s 42.4 percent accuracy on three-point shots gives Orlando’s lineup some much-needed spacing: the Magic’s offense improves by a significant five points per 100 possessionswhen he’s on the floor. With Frye currently at only 14 MPG so far, this change gives the lineup rest while improving competitiveness.

2. Give Shabazz Napier more minutes in place of Payton or Oladipo.

After a good-as-can-be-expected rookie season, it remains a puzzle to me why the Miami Heat were willing to part with Napier for a single (protected) second-round pick. So far, the Magic are actually giving him even less nightly playing time than the Heat did: 13.5 MPG, down from 19.8. Not only should the Magic give Napier significant playing time to see if he’s a player the team will want to keep in the long-term, but his solid three-point shooting (36.6 percent for his career) improves Orlando’s offense by more than six points per 100 possessions.

3. Give Aaron Gordon more minutes in place of Fournier.

While Fournier has been something of a revelation for the Magic, playing him 37.1 MPG after a previous career high of 28.6 seems like it’s destined to bring about late-season fatigue. It’s possible that Gordon is on some sort of minutes restriction after last summer’s broken jaw — but if not, then Orlando needs to make sure that this potential superstar is better than 15th among the 2014 draft class in MPG. When coupled with backup center Dewayne Dedmon, Gordon helps lock down opposing offenses, resulting in big leads for the Magic.

After two consecutive lackluster performances against the Sacramento Kings and Cleveland Cavaliers, Skiles has made a resolution to adjust Orlando’s lineups, starting with replacing Oladipo with Frye in the starting lineup on Wednesday against the New York Knicks. What remains to be seen is if Skiles will alter rotations throughout the entire game, perhaps to ease the massive minutes load on Fournier.

http://www.todaysfas...andos-rotation/

Great article and I do think one of the reasons to make this change is to give Fournier some rest.

Nice to see someone is noticing what Frye has done this season. Let's find out if translates to wins in the SL.

Also real numbers from this lineup under Skiles from Josh Robbins:

Payton/Fournier/Harris/Frye/Vucevic lineup: In 33 minutes, it has a 117.2 offensive rating & a 90.3 defensive rating.

Additionally, our best core combo is Harris-Frye-Fournier, which is a +16 in 67 minutes of play.