Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

this is a challenge for payton.

if he continues to suck with shooters around him then we know he's the problem, not spacing.

sticking Oladipo on the bench against a team starting afflalo is something we can manage. Oladipo will be fine off the bench. We wont miss his defense that much tonight.

Benching payton is basically dooming him. he's not the type of player that can show value on the bench.

My statement when the news dropped supports your post. This was said to rebute the notion that this was a challenge to Dipo.

Exactly. It's funny that people don't get this and need to ask why Payton still starts.

I'm not opposed to benching Dipo but I think it's hypocritical to bench an player who's giving you defensive effort every night despite poor shooting in favor of an younger player who can't seem to be consistent on both ends, who let Dellavedova nail wide open shots. Then you plug in Frye...This has been tried before. Insanity.

Stalling? Not sure what that means. He is trying to win games.

Stalling to insert AG. Trying to win with a front court that's proven to be ineffective defensively for multiple years?

The reason why AG isn't starting is because Skiles doesn't believe he is an offensive threat yet. That is the whole point of this lineup change -- for offense.

If he wanted a player who struggles to shoot but can defend he would have left dipo in.

speaking of history repeating things...

We played this exact lineup against the knicks on 11/12/14. We won by 2. Payton wasn't good. we finished the game with a ridnour-fournier-harris-frye-vucevic lineup. Ridnour played the last 13ish minutes.

I'm not opposed to benching Dipo but I think it's hypocritical to bench an player who's giving you defensive effort every night despite poor shooting in favor of an younger player who can't seem to be consistent on both ends, who let Dellavedova nail wide open shots. Then you plug in Frye...This has been tried before. Insanity.

Right. Last year when Frye was not fully healthy or playing as well as he is this year. For reference, he shot 39% from 3 last year and his Drtg was higher as well.

Im not sure if you understand that Delladova normally cant shoot for **** , so he was told to give him those shots. It is obvious if you watched the scheme unfold, Elfrid was overloading the weak side and giving those shots. It was more a result of the scheme then Payton allowing it to happen.

I explained why I think Skiles is doing this in my first post, and I think it makes logical sense. Will it work? Not sure yet. and neither are you, so it's not worth complaining about until you see it play out.

The reason why AG isn't starting is because Skiles doesn't believe he is an offensive threat yet. That is the whole poing of this lineup change -- for offense.

If he wanted a player who struggles to shoot but can defend he would have left dipo in.

Yes, agree with all of this.

The reason why AG isn't starting is because Skiles doesn't believe he is an offensive threat yet. That is the while purpose of changing the lineup -- for offense.

There's no balance in the lineup. Watch...It'll change again on a few.

The reason why AG isn't starting is because Skiles doesn't believe he is an offensive threat yet. That is the whole point of this lineup change -- for offense.

I guess gordon has been good on ball for defense but has been out of position a bunch in the scheme.

I guess gordon has been good on ball for defense but has been out of position a bunch in the scheme.

Yep. On the offensive side, Gordon and Payton need to be surrounded by shooters. Their game isn't on the perimeter. They need the lanes wide open.

Dipo can also feed Gordon in the post. I won't be surprised to see dipo run plays for the second unit while we use Watson to mainly shoot.