Sign in to follow this  
TheNameIsOrlando

Preseason Thread

Would you trade Payton and a pick for Lowry? ;)/>

Probably not. Lowry is notoriously hard to deal with and might be past his prime.

I'd trade Payton for curry, Westbrook, Paul, lillard, wall, Teague, Irving, maybe Eric Bledsoe (I'm having a tough time deciding with him).

That's about it. If Conley was younger he would be on the list too.

I'm not sure what the "real Magic fan" comment meant not that it really matters but just to be clear I am in no way a fan of Eddie House. Napier just reminds me of him as far as his role and game. Luckily Napier is on our team and I'm not forced to hate his guts.

Dude I'm only half serious most of the time. Don't stress it. Its not like I was saying you were a fan of Eddie House or some where along those lines.

There's just a couple of players throughout our history that I in particular will never like. Eddie House is one of them. Rafer slapped him for a reason you know. During that series and throughout his career, Eddie House could not shut his *****ing mouth. It was him and Mo Williams who were the peak of annoyance for us from 07-10. \

As I mentioned earlier today, Jon Barry is probably the worst.

Dude I'm only half serious most of the time. Don't stress it. Its not like I was saying you were a fan of Eddie House or some where along those lines.

There's just a couple of players throughout our history that I in particular will never like. Eddie House is one of them. Rafer slapped him for a reason you know. During that series and throughout his career, Eddie House could not shut his *****ing mouth. It was him and Mo Williams who were the peak of annoyance for us from 07-10. \

As I mentioned earlier today, Jon Barry is probably the worst.

I feel you. Mo Williams landed on my **** list once he complained about not making the all star team the year Jameer made it over him. Ironically I hated JJ when he was at Duke but he ended up growing into a top 3 Magic player for me.

Probably not. Lowry is notoriously hard to deal with and might be past his prime.

I'd trade Payton for curry, Westbrook, Paul, lillard, wall, Teague, Irving, maybe Eric Bledsoe (I'm having a tough time deciding with him).

That's about it. If Conley was younger he would be on the list too.

I would trade him for all the guys you mentioned except (maybe) Bledsoe

I think Conley's game will age well

--

Lowry was suggested because I understand he's 29 and it would be a similar situation to the Carmelo trade. I would still pull the trigger

I would trade him for all the guys you mentioned except (maybe) Bledsoe

I think Conley's game will age well

--

Lowry was suggested because I understand he's 29 and it would be a similar situation to the Carmelo trade. I would still pull the trigger

Yeah but Carmelo is elite for what he does. Lowry is not.

Not sure I'd trade for Carmelo though. Just an interesting thought.

Getting slightly concerned about Payton..

Haven't seen him play well at all since last season, and now I hope that they're just being cautious with him and that he can play ASAP in the regular season. At least we have Watson and Napier to fall back on.

It's such a strange feeling having actual point guard depth!

.@OrlandoMagic exited preseason allowing 8 foes to shoot 39.8% from the floor & 30% from 3 -- dramatic improvements & top 10 numbers in NBA

-Denton

In SKILES we trust. Calling it. We making the playoffs this year, son.

Getting slightly concerned about Payton..

Haven't seen him play well at all since last season, and now I hope that they're just being cautious with him and that he can play ASAP in the regular season. At least we have Watson and Napier to fall back on.

It's such a strange feeling having actual point guard depth!

It's strange we looking good even WITHOUT Payton. The depth we now have is scary good. We really underachieved with the talent we had one year ago. This year we will maximize our strengths and actually overachieve. In time we will see how intelligently crafted this team really is.

We have a team of multifaceted players. Sad, but Payton doesn't fit currently because he has a poor shot. Good that despite his absence, we've shown some promise in the pre-season. I believe he will still fit in time, and I do hope he is ok health wise.

I just meant I'm concerned from a health stand point, more so than the skills thing. Even if he never develops more than a mid-range shot, Payton could be Rondo without the head case part. Wouldn't be a bad result at all for the 10th pick in the Draft.