Sign in to follow this  
LaVar

WTCS VS Porzingis

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want? WTCS or Porzingis

• Willie Cauley-Stein
    • Kristraps Porsingis

Let's draft those guys then

I hear you. The coach sets the team roles.

I do understand your concern. I see what he has to offer.

Again with the rookie level investigation...why is it so hard to imagine that the reason WCS didn't score more than 7pts was because he was never the guy who was asked to score? Please tell me why it is so difficult for you to grasp this...

Rookie year -- Noel, Wiltjer, Goodwin, Mays, Harrow -- all offensive options before WCS

Sophomore year -- An. Harrison, Aa. Harrison, Young, Randle -- all offensive options before WCS

Junior year -- An. Harrison, Aa. Harrison, Towns, Booker, Lyles, Ulis -- all offensive options before WCS

So when you are the 5th-6th-7th option...you're going to score less and focus on your craft...defense. You're not going to draft WCS for his offensive game which I have said about a hundred times. You draft him for defense and you develop the offense which the workouts have shown is there, but your dislike for him has blinded you to that.

You want us to use the 5th pick in the NBA draft on someone that was the 7th best offensive player on his college team?

You want us to use the 5th pick in the NBA draft on someone that was the 7th best offensive player on his college team?

I think he can be respectable and hit mid range shots. He is the best defensive player in the draft.

Just saw there was a thread for this specifically, kind of spoke about this in the draft thread but oh well.

I've had WCS third for a long time, for months. But Porz passes him, and after I saw that video is was pretty easy to pick. Sure, WCS is great on D, but like i've said for a long time a #5 I want someone that has more upside than WCS. If were going to pick a big at 5 and it came down to these 2, I would just assume shoot for the stars. Take Porz.

I've hated the "Kentucky has a ton of talent every year" thing. That's garbage. You can only use that argument for 1 year. MAYBE 2. But not 3. At that point, the player is who he is. WCS is a great defensive big, runs great, will dunk all over people, but is never going to be anything special offensively. Even if he develops a descent mid-range jumper (which I don't think he will), you don't take that guy over someone with the ceiling of Porz.

If Porz just becomes respectable on defense, the argument between these 2 will never even be a realistic thing to talk about.

• Upvote 1

Just saw there was a thread for this specifically, kind of spoke about this in the draft thread but oh well.

I've had WCS third for a long time, for months. But Porz passes him, and after I saw that video is was pretty easy to pick. Sure, WCS is great on D, but like i've said for a long time a #5 I want someone that has more upside than WCS. If were going to pick a big at 5 and it came down to these 2, I would just assume shoot for the stars. Take Porz.

I've hated the "Kentucky has a ton of talent every year" thing. That's garbage. You can only use that argument for 1 year. MAYBE 2. But not 3. At that point, the player is who he is. WCS is a great defensive big, runs great, will dunk all over people, but is never going to be anything special offensively. Even if he develops a descent mid-range jumper (which I don't think he will), you don't take that guy over someone with the ceiling of Porz.

If Porz just becomes respectable on defense, the argument between these 2 will never even be a realistic thing to talk about.

sn-applause.jpg

I mean, we get it. You're all about Kentucky. You legit posted about how liggins was a decent pick because "he's becoming a good role player for okc"

You've suggested that we should draft practically every single Kentucky player over the past few years.

I'm surprised you haven't floated Ashley judd as a dark horse second round pick.

You tell me how is my being a Kentucky fan hurting anything?

Tell me that there hasn't been at least some interest from other people for guys like Wall, Bledsoe, Cousins, Patterson, Knight, Jones, Davis, Kidd-Gilchrist, Noel, and even Kanter and Goodwin have turned into promising talent with Randle and Young still TBD.

When you have a program who has put that many guys and more in the draft since 2010...why is it a bad thing to be high on that program that has consistently given NBA teams solid talent?

Orton? Horrible pick. Lamb? Not as bad as Orton but still bad. Liggins? Not as bad as the previous two, but I do think he could have been a serviceable wing defender at the end of the bench. Marquise Teague? Not picked by Orl, but he wasn't ready.

When you have that type of talent all coming from one college team...then you consider that this current years team was better and deeper than all of them...you have to give them attention.

I think most of your dislike for WCS comes from the fact that you only look at the stat sheet and don't consider the type of team surrounding him or the type of team the coach is running and probably the fact that you just don't like me because I will be vocal about guys I know personally and have watched every single game of their career vs everyone else on this forum who watched a few games and highlight films.

Again, I'll say for the 101st time...you're not going to draft WCS for offense...so yelling about offensive statistics does nothing but make you look like a child. You draft WCS for defense and you didn't even address any of my points about his strengths matching our team's major weakness which is defense.

I based my entire argument about the idea that I believe we need to draft for defense and if that is the case then WCS is the man for us. But all you want to do is yell about offense and the rookie stat line of 3 years at 7pts a game. If we are drafting for offense, then I believe Mario is our guy. However, since I believe we are going to pursue resigning Harris, drafting Mario doesn't make sense to me. So I'll stick with my defensive guess and land on WCS.

You tell me how is my being a Kentucky fan hurting anything?

Tell me that there hasn't been at least some interest from other people for guys like Wall, Bledsoe, Cousins, Patterson, Knight, Jones, Davis, Kidd-Gilchrist, Noel, and even Kanter and Goodwin have turned into promising talent with Randle and Young still TBD.

When you have a program who has put that many guys and more in the draft since 2010...why is it a bad thing to be high on that program that has consistently given NBA teams solid talent?

Orton? Horrible pick. Lamb? Not as bad as Orton but still bad. Liggins? Not as bad as the previous two, but I do think he could have been a serviceable wing defender at the end of the bench. Marquise Teague? Not picked by Orl, but he wasn't ready.

When you have that type of talent all coming from one college team...then you consider that this current years team was better and deeper than all of them...you have to give them attention.

I think most of your dislike for WCS comes from the fact that you only look at the stat sheet and don't consider the type of team surrounding him or the type of team the coach is running and probably the fact that you just don't like me because I will be vocal about guys I know personally and have watched every single game of their career vs everyone else on this forum who watched a few games and highlight films.

Again, I'll say for the 101st time...you're not going to draft WCS for offense...so yelling about offensive statistics does nothing but make you look like a child. You draft WCS for defense and you didn't even address any of my points about his strengths matching our team's major weakness which is defense.

I based my entire argument about the idea that I believe we need to draft for defense and if that is the case then WCS is the man for us. But all you want to do is yell about offense and the rookie stat line of 3 years at 7pts a game. If we are drafting for offense, then I believe Mario is our guy. However, since I believe we are going to pursue resigning Harris, drafting Mario doesn't make sense to me. So I'll stick with my defensive guess and land on WCS.

Patterson, knight, Jones, Davis, kidd gilchrist, kanter, and goodwin are not guys I'd consider as a top 5 pick. Well maybe Jones.

Wcs might be a fine utility player. But you don't draft a utility player with a top 5 pick.

I'm a huge uconn fan but I didn't pretend napier or lamb were starters in the nba.

Patterson, knight, Jones, Davis, kidd gilchrist, kanter, and goodwin are not guys I'd consider as a top 5 pick. Well maybe Jones.

Wcs might be a fine utility player. But you don't draft a utility player with a top 5 pick.

I'm a huge uconn fan but I didn't pretend napier or lamb were starters in the nba.

You don't consider Anthony Davis a top 5 pick? Terrance Jones probably isn't, maybe top 10. I'd put Brandon Knight and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist as top 5 picks too (maybe top 10 for MKG)

I also would say that neither Napier or Lamb are on the same level as any of the guys from KY from a talent stand point...except for maybe Goodwin.

WCS isn't a utility player. He will be a 6th man/starter for any team he goes to. I'm not sure he'll ever be an all-star...depends on how well his shot develops. However, I do think he could win multiple defensive player of the year awards. That isn't a guy to snub at just because you've never seen him on a team where they have asked him to produce offensively.

I also said in another thread that with as many top 10 picks as we have had in the last few years, eventually you draft for your biggest need and not the home-run. I believe the management believes and still has hope in Dipo turning into our homerun, which is why they drafted Payton and AG around Dipo to compliment him and Vuch. Now they need to draft a 4 to complete their starting lineup. I think the best guy to fit our team with the pieces we currently have is WCS.

If we were to trade Vuch for a defensive center, then I would definitely be more pro-Porzingis, however I don't think we'd do that which is why I land on WCS for defensive big and Mario for offensive wing.

we did draft aaron gordon 4th. I would put him as the same type of player. utility