Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

GAMETHREAD: magic vs bulls

Two players that seem to be really benefiting from JB are Payton and Gordon. While I don't think JB will get the gig, he deserves major props in the development of those two rooks.

It's hard to say JV developed AG considering he may have played this way all year if not for injury but I get where you're coming from.

I'd be cool with keeping Borrego. The only thing I could ask for was the best case scenario and I think he's done well with what he has.

He's not blind to our team's deficiencies like Vaughn was and made Frye sit his ass on the bench.

He pulled Tobias who was having a terrible game, proving to him that there aren't freebies here and you have to play well.

I'd be cool with keeping Borrego. The only thing I could ask for was the best case scenario and I think he's done well with what he has.

He's not blind to our team's deficiencies like Vaughn was and made Frye sit his ass on the bench.

He pulled Tobias who was having a terrible game, proving to him that there aren't freebies here and you have to play well.

I really am not gonna be sad if we somehow turn t12 into assets.

This is stupid.

We've won 3 in a row, after we'd lost 14 of 17.

So we've won 6 of our last 20 under Borrego. That's TERRIBLE.

Since you think it's stupid for anybody to consider resigning JB, if Henny decides to keep him, would you consider him to be stupid?

Since you think it's stupid for anybody to consider resigning JB, if Henny decides to keep him, would you consider him to be stupid?

I would consider it a stupid move, for sure.

Sure, the players seem to like JB (or maybe they just are happy to be away from JV), but our record still sucks, and we're getting to the point where leadership and the fan base expect to see solid results and improvements. If you think Hennigan is on a short leash (be it 1,2 or 3 years), then you know how important hiring a new coach is to him and to the organization as a whole. No way would he stick with JB at this point.

Do you really think Doc is one of the best coaches in the NBA? He was basically gift wrapped a title. He probably should have won more than one with the talent he had when he coached the Celtics.

Garnett was injured the one year, they took the powerhouse Lakers to 7 games, and then they lost to the Lebron-Wade-Bosh-all-in-their-prime Heat in 7. They were a great team while he was there. Had Garnett not gotten hurt, they probably would have at least made it to the Finals again that year.

Depends on the circumstances around the decision. If he comes out next week and says "Borrego is our future coach" that would be stupid. If he goes through the entire hiring process and says "we're going to stick with borrego" I think that speaks more to the quality of candidates than a commitment to borrego.

No, because I'm smart enough to understand that smart people sometimes do dumb things.

I really am not gonna be sad if we somehow turn t12 into assets.

It would certainly hurt less than just letting him walk. Especially when he has monster games for his next team

Depends on the circumstances around the decision. If he comes out next week and says "Borrego is our future coach" that would be stupid. If he goes through the entire hiring process and says "we're going to stick with borrego" I think that speaks more to the quality of candidates than a commitment to borrego.

Bingo, we have a winner! If Henny brings back JB, it's not a stupid or dumb move, it's because he believes he's the best choice of his available options.

No, because I'm smart enough to understand that smart people sometimes do dumb things.

I expected better from you. In the same sentence that you claim to be smart, you admitted that smart people do dumb things.

Bingo, we have a winner! If Henny brings back JB, it's not a stupid or dumb move, it's because he believes he's the best choice of his available options.

Yeah but it's very likely that there will be better options now that we have a somewhat solidified core. No experienced coach wanted to stake his career on the back of glen Davis