Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

ESPN is projecting us as a 30 win team

They also project the east to have +16 wins from last year.

I kinda think these projections are just random guesses and lack any formula. It will be interesting if they don't account for those wins in the east with 16 less wins in the west. I can see them projecting trends with more wins than are physically possible

In case anybody needed another reminder of how good the Vuc deal is, Jonas Valanciunas looks to be signing a deal for something like $15 million a year over the next 4 years.

Any idea as to how much we'd be looking at paying Vuc after his contract is over, if he continues to make strides and ranks among the top centers in the league?

Too many variables to say. That's summer of 2019. That's a new cba. Nobody has any idea what the salary cap projects to be then. We have no idea what the market will be like for centers or if anyone will have the cap space to negotiate against us.

Too many variables to say. That's summer of 2019. That's a new cba. Nobody has any idea what the salary cap projects to be then. We have no idea what the market will be like for centers or if anyone will have the cap space to negotiate against us.

Plus, that will probably post-Lockout, post new CBA.

So espn finished their forecast thing today where they project every team's record and they are short 31 games.

An nba season has 1230 games, therefore you must have 1230 wins distributed amongst the teams.

Their forecast only allocated 1199 wins. This is way outside the margin of error you'd get by rounding games.

So espn finished their forecast thing today where they project every team's record and they are short 31 games.

An nba season has 1230 games, therefore you must have 1230 wins distributed amongst the teams.

Their forecast only allocated 1199 wins. This is way outside the margin of error you'd get by rounding games.

Obviously they intended to give us 61 wins and just messed up.

The quality at ESPN has just gone down considerably. Not that I ever held ESPN to a high degree but it was at least decent. Now, I see all kinds of errors from poor sentence structures to misused punctuation and tense issues. And the way they write is just strange. It's like this weird, impersonal style with some kind of narrative or spin that magically fits the facts. At best it's misleading and worse imaginative. I use it to check the standings but that's about it.

I feel like ESPN is trying way to hard to fit into some sort of hip-hop culture rather than just sticking to the basics and covering sports, which is why people like myself used to tune in nightly (prior to about 7-10 years ago) to watch Sportscenter. I honestly don't even know what channel ESPN is on my DirectTV programming at the moment, they lost me years ago.