Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

He can shoot and he's pesky on defense but he's tiny.

He's another good locker room guy and a fierce competitor.

Don't expect him to be anything more than a solid backup and potential future heat check guy.

Didn't Junkie want to draft this dude last year?

Yes. Terrible move at 11. Fantastic move for a protected 2nd and him as a third point guard and developmental guy.

This moves the offseason grade to a low B to me just because of how this was orchestrated. Harkless was not getting it and needed to go somewhere he could log time and possibly become NBA relevant. Now, the Magic are extremely deep at PG, something they were extremely thin at least year.

Napier to me could be the backup PG sooner than later. I also think he may play next to Watson sometimes as well. I have been talking to some Heat buddies about this trade and they are sick about it. They would much rather have this guy than Chalmers, but Chalmers is unmovable. They all told me we stole him and they are pissed. LOL.

What I like now is we finally have bench offense. We had none last year and it cost us some wins IMO, especially when we had to roll out Willie Green and Ridnour when behind 10-12 points.

Now we can throw out Napier or Watson with Mario, Fournier Frye and Smith. That is a fantastic second unit for offense and we also have Dedmon to put in there if we need stops.

The reason I say fantastic is because all of these guys can shoot the ball and it's a very cost effective bench.

While we have focused a lot on the starting lineup, the Magic's bench has been completely overhauled and should be substantially better.

• Upvote 1