Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

It has been reported by marc Daniels and others that Tobias would prefer to play somewhere else because of Skiles AND the way the magic played/not played him when he was injured and he thought he was ready but they held him out.

Another number 12 that doesn't want to be here. Hmm.... I say match any contract anyways. He should still be easy to move. He's basically the best free agent we can get right now and he has to stay here if we want him to.

153257793.jpg153257793.jpgRemember when this was our best player lol... Go Henny

Even when he was on the team, Jameer and Afflalo were STILL our best players.

Glen Davis gets praised because he had ONE good playoff series in one of the biggest basketball cities in the country.

Another number 12 that doesn't want to be here. Hmm.... I say sign him anyways. He should still be easy to move. He's basically the best free agent we can get right now and he has to stay here if we want him to.

We will 100% sign him. It's now a matter of if we keep him or trade him immediately thereafter... which I'm assuming is what the Magic are looking at right now.

Would you rather play for an up and coming team? Or one of the greatest collection of basketball talent and minds in nba history?

Up and coming because I would be the guy to gel it all together. Look at what Lebron did with Cleveland. LaMarcus is not Lebron but the Magic would immediately contend in the East. Why kill yourself in the West?

Lakers with Aldridge will not get passed the 1st round.

Spurs - Duncan and Ginobili are really old. They are not going to beat the Warriors, Grizzlies, Rockets, or Thunder

Mavs - Same as Spurs

Raptors - This would be a better option IMO but the cold weather... brrrrrrr.

We will 100% sign him. It's now a matter of if we keep him or trade him immediately thereafter... which I'm assuming is what the Magic are looking at right now.

There were some 'rumors' saying we won't match a max contract, but it's probably BS. It's basically common sense to match anything he gets at this point.

Another number 12 that doesn't want to be here. Hmm.... I say match any contract anyways. He should still be easy to move. He's basically the best free agent we can get right now and he has to stay here if we want him to.

There was once a lottery pick who came here and hated his role and demanded a trade multiple times. He ended up staying a while and is a fan favorite.

Anyone want to guess who?

Maybe instead of having 6 retired for no reason at all we should retire 12 to get rid of the bad juju!

There was once a lottery pick who came here and hated his role and demanded a trade multiple times. He ended up staying a while and is a fan favorite.

I consider it, but I also see him as a professional whom I do think likes his teammates. Him and Skiles would get past their differences if they had to in my mind, especially if we're paying him $80 mil over 4 years.

On the other hand, I can TOTALLY see a sign-and-trade happening for Tobias's contract. As I stated before, if Phil Jackson wants to right this ship and get NY back on his side, making a Tobias-for-Porzingis trade would be a win-win for both sides. I would only assume the Magic would get some salary or something else in return too.

Maybe porzingis, acy and Larkin and a future 1st?

JJ Redick?