Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Hustle sometimes turns into talent. Look at Joakim.

Faried is 25 and works hard, but no matter how you dress him up, he's not a shooter. For the sake of Payton and Oladipo, we NEEDED a stretch 4. Milsap was a perfect fit. Faried has not shot, thus again clogging the lane for our slashing guards.

He's from DR so he doesn't have any Florida ties other than the school. The good news is that Orlando is a notorious bandwagon town when it comes to College sports. Whoever has the best record between UF, FSU and Miami is the city's team for that year. So...as far as Al knows Orlando is very pro Gator, maybe we can sign him before he finds out otherwise?

I think he is from Puerto Rico not DR

Edit: your right.

Boston Herald Report:

Sources from other teams and within the player rep community say the C’s were also in play for Tobias Harris and Corey Brewer, but as of late last night, those pursuits have ended. The Celts had a certain financial parameter in mind for Harris, and when it became clear that Orlando was willing to pay big to match any offer for the restricted free agent, they were out of the running.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2015/07/amir_johnson_big_catch_for_celtics

Looks like we're settling in on matching whatever deal Harris gets unless he's part of a sign-and-trade.

Anybody got a feel for when we'll get some news on Harris ?...Think he's gone ?...Think he'll be back ?

I'm thinking it's about 95% likely he's back.

I also think we will either get him on a discount or he'll play for the qualifying offer.

Teams don't want to waste time offering him a contract that we're going to match. No bidders destroys his leverage.

I'm thinking it's about 95% likely he's back

With no suitable replacement, I'm positive we match any offer sheet Harris gets, including a max deal. Now if the Knicks want to talk about trading the rights to Portzingis to us in a sign-and-trade...

Would you guys consider such a trade?

Where did you see that the magic were in contact talks with Faried? I think he is a good fit. And with his contract I think you would still be able to sign a max player next year.

Whoever does the local ESPN radio for Orlando, Nick G or something, mentioned it and then one of the New York Jets ex players RT'ed an account named Sports Whispers saying Orlando is in talks with the Nuggets. It could be absolutely nothing considering I know nothing about the Sports Whispers or the Nick guy but it popped up.

With no suitable replacement, I'm positive we match any offer sheet Harris gets, including a max deal. Now if the Knicks want to talk about trading the rights to Portzingis to us in a sign-and-trade...

Yes, yes I would.

There is another stretch 4 out there and his name is Lamarcus Aldridge.

All-Star every year

Deep playoff run in weaker East

Defensive team

True low post player

PG that will get you the ball

Faried is 25 and works hard, but no matter how you dress him up, he's not a shooter. For the sake of Payton and Oladipo, we NEEDED a stretch 4. Milsap was a perfect fit. Faried has not shot, thus again clogging the lane for our slashing guards.

Oh I agree that he isn't a fit here, was just saying that he could down the road become a good player and not just a guy that tries hard. Joakim was a seven foot Rudy when he came into the league and became a legitimate All Star.

Let me ask this ...Is anybody here of the mindset that Tobias might be the slightest bit disgruntled about returning to Orlando considering his previous relationship with Skiles and what seems like a battle for minutes at his position and or positions ?

God damn right I would.

Let me ask this ...Is anybody here of the mindset that Tobias might be the slightest bit disgruntled about returning to Orlando considering his previous relationship with Skiles and what seems like a battle for minutes at his position and or positions ?

Yup. Sucks for him that he's restricted