Sign in to follow this  
~O~

Gamethread: Magic at Bees

This game was painful to watch. Frye might be the worst starting defensive PF in the entire league. Zeller broke his ankles many times last night. Easy looked down in his posture and was yanked very early. And we've got Green as our vet presence shooting 4-13 with an outstanding PER of 8.70. Awesome. Our whole team is offensively challenged and struggles to hit open jumpers. Hey but at least we're playing some defense now.

Elf is getting sick of being the first person yanked to only be replaced by Willie fing Green. A longtime scrub. I would be disappointed and down if this was happening to me. Last night he got yanked 4 minutes into the 2nd half and never returned. This is not coaching. If you don't like the way somebody is playing then you pull them and talk to them and get in their face and tell them and then put them back in. Not just pull them and let them sit and stew for the last 20 minutes of a game. Borrego you are immature as a coach and if you thing that Willie is going to save your job, hahahahahahahaha

Elf is getting sick of being the first person yanked to only be replaced by Willie fing Green. A longtime scrub. I would be disappointed and down if this was happening to me. Last night he got yanked 4 minutes into the 2nd half and never returned. This is not coaching. If you don't like the way somebody is playing then you pull them and talk to them and get in their face and tell them and then put them back in. Not just pull them and let them sit and stew for the last 20 minutes of a game. Borrego you are immature as a coach and if you thing that Willie is going to save your job, hahahahahahahaha

You're kind of making huge leaps in logic here.

Payton absolutely sucked last night. He didn't look right and almost airballed every single shot he took. Maybe he's hurt our sick or just hungover but I think I trust the coach to make that decision.

Payton has made 3 of his last 20 shot attempts. He's been playing really badly and is hurting us in the last few games.

Right now you can choose winning basketball games or letting Payton shoot himself out of a slump but not both

Yea honestly Payton isn't conducive to winning basketball right now. He's a PG who needs the ball in his hands to be effective but who isn't much of a threat to score even with the ball in his hands. If he's our long term PG either he'll need to develop a shot or we'll have to go out and get great shooters at SG and SF.

Also, Willie is averaging 11.4 points per game on 49/42/82 shooting since the all star break. He's got a 116 offensive rating. Now don't get me wrong, Willie isn't some fantastic breakout player. He's not going to be a long term part of our offense. He's just been a really good bandaid for a while.

Point being, maybe you picked a bad time to choose to go anti Willie.

Willie played great last night until the end when he tried to be the hero and took a shot that sucked the momentum out of the comeback

The funny thing is that Green helped fuel a furious comeback which all fell apart when the starters came back in the game.

Im starting to think Nichlolson should start. He played very well last night.

Willie played great last night until the end when he tried to be the hero and took a shot that sucked the momentum out of the comeback

The funny thing is that Green helped fuel a furious comeback which all fell apart when the starters came back in the game.

Im starting to think Nichlolson should start. He played very well last night.

Hard to argue with Nicholson getting more time when Frye has been so bad and Nicholson has similar range

You're kind of making huge leaps in logic here.

Payton absolutely sucked last night. He didn't look right and almost airballed every single shot he took. Maybe he's hurt our sick or just hungover but I think I trust the coach to make that decision.

Payton has made 3 of his last 20 shot attempts. He's been playing really badly and is hurting us in the last few games.

Right now you can choose winning basketball games or letting Payton shoot himself out of a slump but not both

Right now I choose to make Payton shoot at least 10 shots a game if not more, this will help him become more of a scorer and gain confidence, which I agree we need out of him. I don't give a dam if we win or not the rest of the season. And by the way we lost last night by 15, to a bad team without their best player, so where did willie help in that respect? I believe in Payton and think he is a special player but without the right guidance by a good coach it could very easily go away. I believe that Borrego is trying to keep his job long term and playing the veterans is his choice. I believe that developing our young talent in a productive way is the ONLY way he is going to keep his job.

Right now I choose to make Payton shoot at least 10 shots a game if not more, this will help him become more of a scorer and gain confidence, which I agree we need out of him. I don't give a dam if we win or not the rest of the season. And by the way we lost last night by 15, to a bad team without their best player, so where did willie help in that respect? I believe in Payton and think he is a special player but without the right guidance by a good coach it could very easily go away. I believe that Borrego is trying to keep his job long term and playing the veterans is his choice. I believe that developing our young talent in a productive way is the ONLY way he is going to keep his job.

I think it's too big of an assumption that Borrego is making decisions to save his job. I think he's just coaching. Payton is having issues right now and he needs to sit until he can work his way through it, just like when this happened earlier in the year.

As far as Willie goes, he was a net +1 for us last night. Harkless was a net +41(!!!). Vooch was a -31. Harris was -39 (wow)

I think it's too big of an assumption that Borrego is making decisions to save his job. I think he's just coaching. Payton is having issues right now and he needs to sit until he can work his way through it, just like when this happened earlier in the year.

As far as Willie goes, he was a net +1 for us last night. Harkless was a net +41(!!!). Vooch was a -31. Harris was -39 (wow)

Why should willie play, is he the future? Is him playing going to magically make us a playoff team? Is Payton going to watch this longtime scrub and learn how to play better? Please explain why he should be playing more than Payton or even getting off the bench. And Please tell the Rookie wall bs to someone else.

Why should willie play, is he the future? Is him playing going to magically make us a playoff team? Is Payton going to watch this longtime scrub and learn how to play better? Please explain why he should be playing more than Payton or even getting off the bench. And Please tell the Rookie wall bs to someone else.

Because Willie is playing well. It makes sense to play players who are playing well

Because Willie is playing well. It makes sense to play players who are playing well

I disagree, because his playing is taking time from players who are or could be the future of the franchise. Willie is not. I don't see ANY advantage at this moment in the season to play ANY veterans other than giving the young players a two minute rest on the bench._

I disagree, because his playing is taking time from players who are or could be the future of the franchise. Willie is not. I don't see ANY advantage at this moment in the season to play ANY veterans other than giving the young players a two minute rest on the bench._

Eventually these guys have to feel like winning matters. That's now or else why fire Vaughn