Sign in to follow this  
~O~

Gamethread: Magic at Bees

Willie played great last night until the end when he tried to be the hero and took a shot that sucked the momentum out of the comeback

The funny thing is that Green helped fuel a furious comeback which all fell apart when the starters came back in the game.

Im starting to think Nichlolson should start. He played very well last night.

I agree with you about the starters. Actually second unit brought us back in the first half also. When you look at plus/minus all the starters were significantly negative, while second unit all positive. Dedmon +6, Nicholson +11 in only 17 minutes. Starters did look really bad last night. I still wonder about Frye in starting lineup. But wherever we put him, he might be more effective as a three instead of at the four spot. Otherwise his defense is too much of a liability.

Eventually these guys have to feel like winning matters. That's now or else why fire Vaughn

You have to feel like a winner before you can actually win. This means in game coaching and TEACHING. This is a mans game and our team has a lot of boys who are cutting their respective teeth. Winning is not taught by benching a player and not even looking at that player for the last 20 minutes of a game you had a chance to win.

Maybe its on Payton but one of the coaches should have made him sit right next to them and go over what kind of play they need from him, he's young and not a type A personality. He is learning how to play the toughest position to play. And his improvement has been very good. It seems lately that they have taken out a lot of the pick and roll plays with him and Vuch, and he is mainly on the wing trying to create or just passing the ball as soon as he crosses the half court line. The coaching staff has not impressed me the way they have been handling him. I was hoping Borrego might be better than Vaughn in the respect of developing and teaching but it doesn't look like it.

I agree with you about the starters. Actually second unit brought us back in the first half also. When you look at plus/minus all the starters were significantly negative, while second unit all positive. Dedmon +6, Nicholson +11 in only 17 minutes. Starters did look really bad last night. I still wonder about Frye in starting lineup. But wherever we put him, he might be more effective as a three instead of at the four spot. Otherwise his defense is too much of a liability.

Not sure how putting Frye out on the perimeter defending a 3 will help our defense..

Frye is the PF version of Duhon

Let's not get crazy here. Frye is good locker room guy that's streaky right now, mostly because our young guys are still learning to space the floor correctly. Duhon was a borderline alcoholic who could barely cross half court without turning the ball over. No comparison.

Let's not get crazy here. Frye is good locker room guy that's streaky right now, mostly because our young guys are still learning to space the floor correctly. Duhon was a borderline alcoholic who could barely cross half court without turning the ball over. No comparison.

Duhon is still a partier. I did shots with him and a few other folks rather recently. He is still getting paid off his NBA deal and now and then plays at LA fitness on colonial.

Frye was not brought here to start long term, so that is why I am not that worried about him. You put him on a playoff team with guards who can shoot and I guarantee you his contract will not be an issue for the GM trying for him.

But what I am seeing from Nicholson makes me think that Frye should be included in a trade package. Nicholson is showing the ability to hit the same shots and his post game is a thing of beauty. His defense is also better as well.

I'm talking about in relation to their uselessness.

Not sure how putting Frye out on the perimeter defending a 3 will help our defense..

Can't be worse then his interior defense. When he is PF, unless AG is in, too much of a load on the center. If the center has to leave the paint for some reason we got nothing left down low to defend or rebound.