Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

GAMETHREAD: New Orleans Pelicans @ Orlando Magic

Highly doubtful, especially at this point when he's not getting as much burn as he did earlier in the season.

KOQ is at best, a mediocre backup center who's inconsistent both offensively and defensively -- and no one is going to pay him that much to be that. I do think he has room to improve though.

I don't think it's far fetched to see a team pay him 5mil for what he brings. I've seen far worse deals made. A 4 year 20 million dollar deal isn't that crazy for what he brings. He just needs to go back to playing defense, and shooting from the mid-range. Whoever told him to start camping out at the 3 point line, I'm guessing Vaughn since he was the coach, did a disservice to his game.

I don't think it's far fetched to see a team pay him 5mil for what he brings. I've seen far worse deals made. A 4 year 20 million dollar deal isn't that crazy for what he brings. He just needs to go back to playing defense, and shooting from the mid-range. Whoever told him to start camping out at the 3 point line, I'm guessing Vaughn since he was the coach, did a disservice to his game.

Someone paid Jason Maxiel 4/20. Someone will pay oquinn. It just better not be us. You overpay for top end talent and players with unique skills. You don't overpay for hustle. There's always hungry players out there that can fill that need for cheap

Just remember that Wallace had the same numbers and similar game. I am not going to tell you Dedmon will be Ben Wallace but he is producing at the same rate currently at the same point in his career.

The main takeaway to me is that he was barely a rotation player last year. A guy who looked pretty terrible. He has improved his game to being a bench player who can spark on the defensive side. So this is a nice improvement that has happened fairly quickly.

His offensive game is depressingly bad, but for a team who needs paint presence, he has really stepped up and helped out in that regard.

What he said! Yup!

Whoever told him to start camping out at the 3 point line, I'm guessing Vaughn since he was the coach, did a disservice to his game.

Had he happened to develop a 3 point game it'd go a long way for his nba career and helped us in the short term too.

It was my understanding that Kyle worked on his 3 point shot over the summer on his own, and was 8/19 at the beginning of the season, which is quite respectable for a big man. Unfortunately he is has only hit 3 of his last 20 shots, and needs to concentrate on what he does best.

It was my understanding that Kyle worked on his 3 point shot over the summer on his own, and was 8/19 at the beginning of the season, which is quite respectable for a big man. Unfortunately he is has only hit 3 of his last 20 shots, and needs to concentrate on what he does best.

Pretty sure his ceiling is Glen Davis with better passing