Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Zach Lowe's Q&A with Vucevic

Just read it. I find this interesting:

Yeah, I saw Jacque was angry about the defense after a recent game.

I agree with him. We all talked about it privately, as players. The pace has everyone talking. It’s fun, and we’ve been scoring over 100 points. But you can’t win without playing defense.

I find it strange that the players wouldn't include the coaches in this kind of talk. Stuff like how can we improve our defense and still play fast paced offense? What are we doing wrong? Etc.

What can the players tell each other? "Yea we should really start playing defense guys".

I'm glad Vooch acknowledges this, as sometimes our basket is wide open due to his slow reaction.

I sometimes react late to the ball, or I’m a little late moving from the weak side.

Furthermore, I like that he likes "Voooooooooooch!"

He seemed to be very honest and aware of his abilities. I love Vuc and I think he established himself as (by a big margin) the best player on our team, even if he's 2 years older than some of our guys.

I'm happy with his game and I think that he could be the starting center on a championship team, if he has a strong, athletic, defense-first PF next to him.

• Upvote 1

He seemed to be very honest and aware of his abilities. I love Vuc and I think he established himself as (by a big margin) the best player on our team, even if he's 2 years older than some of our guys.

I'm happy with his game and I think that he could be the starting center on a championship team, if he has a strong, athletic, defense-first PF next to him.

Agreed