Sign in to follow this  
Stu Bronsilino

Game Thread: Pacers @ Magic 1/25 6pm

Darn. I was looking if anyone was wearing paper bags over their heads the whole game like those Knicks fans.

B64BMfEIAAMouiY.png

How in the world did Jacque pass the pressure test before he was hired as the Magic head coach? Did he cheat or something? It's obvious he can't handle 4th quarter pressure.

Question:

The Magic were up by 9 in the fourth, and it looked like the second unit was doing very well, and in fact it looked like they might break the game open at one point. However, at about the 8 minute to go mark, JV starts to put back in the first unit. And we all know how the night ended.

So should the coach be consistent, and generally end the game with the starting group no matter how the second unit plays, or if you have a unit that seems to be doing well, should you leave them in there? I'm not sure I know the answer but would be interested in people's opinions.

Question:

The Magic were up by 9 in the fourth, and it looked like the second unit was doing very well, and in fact it looked like they might break the game open at one point. However, at about the 8 minute to go mark, JV starts to put back in the first unit. And we all know how the night ended.

So should the coach be consistent, and generally end the game with the starting group no matter how the second unit plays, or if you have a unit that seems to be doing well, should you leave them in there? I'm not sure I know the answer but would be interested in people's opinions.

How about use the players that are actually playing and matchup well in the last five minutes. Also has anybody else noticed that it is like we have two complete units playing. Its like JV starts one five and then removes all of them quickly together and we have a whole new five on the court. Fricking Bizarre!! WHO coaches like this? How can the starters and the bench players work together when they aren't on the court together?

Surprised nobody has mentioned how horrible Vooch was with help defense tonight. When I say horrible, he was HORRIBLE.

That's our main problem... When you're ending the game with a lineup that consists of Vucevic, Frye, and Harris, you're not stopping anybody from scoring inside

Question:

Don't you think JV put the starters back in because, idk, Vogel decided to put his back in? Did you really want the second team playing against their starters?

That's our main problem... When you're ending the game with a lineup that consists of Vucevic, Frye, and Harris, you're not stopping anybody from scoring inside

Did they score inside? I remember some random guy playing small forward drilling threes.