Sign in to follow this  
Skywise316

The Sky Is Falling..?

Spacely and Catman, I think I understand how rebuilds work. Been a casual fan since they started, hardcore fan since Shaq came in. Even if I haven't lived in Florida and bounced around.

I don't think I'm entitled to anything. No, I certainly don't think the Magic will suddenly win a basketball game JUST because I'm there. I just hope I happen to be going to a winning game, especially against a poor team (raise the odds).

Me and my GF have been chomping at the bit to go to a game since she started watching with me, she's already a bit disheartened because she was a fan of Jameer and he's not here anymore. It's also gone beyond wins or losses. If the team ~O~ so eloquently described show up with minimal effort when I'm driving from Brevard County to see the game for my GF's birthday?

I'll be angry, to put it mildly. I understand the process. That doesn't mean the process is being handled correctly. There has been some lean years in Magic history, but with more demands for my time and my "Believe" getting more and more shaken.....

I'm just saying.

The process seems handled pretty correctly to me. We have young assets and young talent. What would you do differently?

We can fire Vaughn now and have an assistant coach the team. Would that appease everyone?

Just not sure what people would do differently here. It takes a while for young guys to learn the game.

The process seems handled pretty correctly to me. We have young assets and young talent. What would you do differently?

We can fire Vaughn now and have an assistant coach the team. Would that appease everyone?

Just not sure what people would do differently here. It takes a while for young guys to learn the game.

Exactly. I think Vaughn is horrible but I on the other hand will also admit that firing him now may not benefit us this season.

With the thread I was just stating the situation I found myself in added to one person's state of the Magic union, basically. If the Magic decide they just can't continue any farther with Jacques to the point where he can't see next Friday as the coach of the Magic, that's their decision. As far as myself, I just can't see myself watching Magic basketball if he was the coach NEXT season.

I understand everything about needing to identify who the next head coach will be. But there SO must be a next guy. I don't think anyone thinks we'll be a playoff team overnight, even in the East, but there needs to be upward momentum. At least going from 22 wins to 28? Less blowout losses, if nothing else?

P.S. I think two-to-three years definitely qualifies as at least a while.

Exactly. I think Vaughn is horrible but I on the other hand will also admit that firing him now may not benefit us this season.

Especially when you consider Vaughn is putting us right back in discussion for a top 3 pick. You have to give him credit for that. Just when you think we don't need to focus a ton on the draft, Vaughn manages to put us right back in that discussion. Props to him for never putting us out of consideration for the top overall pick that's impressive to do 3 years in a row.

aaaand scene.

P.S. Now all I have left to hope is player health for the 22nd. I refuse to say which players because I'm superstitious. :shard:

Not saying they're the source of all truth, but they probably are the closest thing to a written mainstream media outlet that we have in this area. Agree with them or disagree, but they are not a fringe operation.

The Sentinel has got to be one of the worst publications in america today. The fact that I can read it cover to cover in about 20 minutes speaks volumes to how pathetic the media outlet in this town has become.

The Sentinel has got to be one of the worst publications in america today. The fact that I can read it cover to cover in about 20 minutes speaks volumes to how pathetic the media outlet in this town has become.

Only if you avoid all of the ads. If you only read the ads it takes 35 minutes.

• Upvote 2

Also, that people get their information from the sentinel makes a lot of sense. I was always wondering how our fanbase was so consistently uninformed.

Guys, the sentinel is a horrible paper from top to bottom. It's been that way for years. They have like three decent writers and none of them are in the sports page. They've had a consistent funding problem for years and are often resorting to "hot takes" journalism to get readers. Why do you think that paper is 60% ad space.

There was one decent magic writer in traditional journalism in the last 10 years and that was John Denton. Then the magic hired him and his writing lost any objectivity.

The Sentinel is horrible...??? You don't say... I wonder if our fanbase has actually ever picked up and read a real newspaper like the Times or the Post. I'll gladly spend the extra dollar for either one. I get much more to read out of them. The Sentinel isn't horrible... It's an utter joke....

What I find hard to believe is people don't consider the youth of this group. Our starting backcourt has a rookie paired up with a 2nd year player. Our starting 3 is only 22 and our starting center is only 24. I will admit we are better talent wise then our record indicates, but I also understand that we are VERY young. It takes time for players to develop at this level. If we can find a way to improve on team defense that alone will translate to more W's for this young team.