Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

GAMETHREAD: Memphis Grizzlies @ Orlando Magic

Ahh growing pains..we allowed Memphis to dictate to much but proud of EP and his effort. Get em next game where we should be able to play up tempo against OKC.

That Payton vs Westbrook matchup will be fun to watch... I think in a half court set though Vic should be on him... The question is who guards Duranr. Hopefully it's AG

Memphis is tough. Memphis + refs is undoable. Still like the effort and the direction we're heading. We're finding our way and finally carving out an identity.

I'm shocked that PAYTON has done this well against a good defensive team like memphis. You aren't supposed to develop this quickly.

I could tell by the look on his face after this game that losing gets to him. He looked mad as hell. These young kids have to hate their record at home, but this team is so much better than it was a week ago

Memphis is tough. Memphis + refs is undoable. Still like the effort and the direction we're heading. We're finding our way and finally carving out an identity.

It doesn't help that Marc Gasol seemingly has a place comfortably inside Nic Vucevic's head

This is one of those games where a small tweak is need to the second unit. The Magic have no reason to lose confidence in their offense. They still aren't getting the respect they're due on their abilities. However, these players need to take accountability for the small things.

First of all, we need a player that can guard Jeff Green because he always ends up dunking on our guys or doing some unorthodox and spectacular against us. He's like the new Antawn Jamison. This is a player we could never stop in his prime and would kill us annually. I believe Aaron Gordon is that very player and Tobias could be. I'm sure everyone here is tired of these players just turning it on against us. Every team should have one like the Spurs have Reggie Jackson on their Spur killer list. The thing about this is that we can't let it be us to move forward.

Looking outside of the box, every other fan of other teams believes our players are nameless scrubs but those are just the casual fans. The fans on the forums of course were noticing that Oladipo and Vucevic broke out but they don't know who Payton is.

Still room for improvement guys. We've been winning these games unhealthy and OKC isn't the defensive team that Memphis is. Memphis improved just to beat OKC after having their backup suspended during the playoffs and Zach Randolph suspended to ensure OKC advances. Yeah I know. Shutup ~O~.

Just a stepping stone.

I could tell by the look on his face after this game that losing gets to him. He looked mad as hell. These young kids have to hate their record at home, but this team is so much better than it was a week ago

Said the same thing to my son he looks ticked. I think he is the only one that truly believes they can win every game.

I blame this one on Vaughn, he should have called a timeout at the end of the 3rd when Memphis grew their lead to 9 and pretty much stayed that way till the end of the game

I blame this one on Vaughn, he should have called a timeout at the end of the 3rd when Memphis grew their lead to 9 and pretty much stayed that way till the end of the game

Didn't do my homework. Blame it on Vaughn.

What?